Problem with dropdown menus in Log (Read 611 times)

I haven't been running for quite a while, but restarted today, so I visited my log once more.

It looks really good!!!

But... I seem to be unable to use the dropdown menu in the log.  (FireFox 3.6.10 on Ubuntu 10.04)

The first options of the menu's ('New Run Entry' and 'Upload GPS data') are visible and clickable, and when I hover over those items the other menu-items are visible too.

However, when I move the mouse down, the menu disappears as soom as the cursor goes below the green line under the first entry.

Only once in at least twenty tries the menu staid in place, but I couldn't find out what made it behave as such.

Some help would be appreciated!

Running in Belgium
    Ann

The shirtless wonder

I encounter that problem too.  I have a terrible workaround -- move the mouse down quickly after hovering over the menu title.  I seem to have more trouble with this on slower computers than fast ones.

Greg

eric :)

Hi Ann,

Great to see you on RA again!  I'll have to set up a machine with Ubuntu and see what's going on.  My guess is that FF is behaving differently on Linux than on Windows.  Would it be possible for you to take a screen shot of the dropdown menu so I can take a look before I install Ubuntu?  Thanks!

eric :-)

Here is a screenshot:

When I move the cursor only a few pixels lower, the dropdown-menu will disappear.

Edited to add: Indeed, the solution provided by Greg Rowe does work... but you have to move that mouse really quick!  I never considered my computer slow, but I'll try again on those of our son (a rather slow Linux machine, Ubuntu 8.04), and of my husband (Windows).

Running in Belgium
          Ann

The shirtless wonder

For what it's worth I'm a Linux user too.  I'm using Debian with firefox 3.6.10.

Not always a solution, but I've found some pages are coded to provide a narrower "column" that the cursor has to travel within, else the drop-down menu goes away.  Have you tried hovering over the "New" in "New Run Entry" and going downward from there?  (You probably have, but I thought I'd throw it out there, just in case.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

After trying many times to acces the submenu, I accidently arrived at keeping it open (probably by being very fast, like Greg suggested). Because of that succes I kept trying various places, from before the 'N' of New till after the end of 'entry', but to no avail...

This seems to be a Linux+FireFox issue: In Chromium (the open source web browser project from which Google Chrome drew its source code) the menu is behaving normally...

Running in Belgium
                Ann

eric :)

Hi Ann,

I was able to reproduce the problem on my Linux box with Firefox.  The problem is there is a gap between the menu button and the dropdown menu.  When you move your mouse down to the dropdown menu, it hits the gap which FF thinks is you leaving the menu.  Now that I can reproduce it, I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix it.

Thank you in advance Eric!

Running in Belgium
                    Ann

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've had this problem for a long time -- I just keep trying to get to the "New Run" item, and usually I can get to it eventually. I never thought of reporting it - doh.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.