Sub-17 Thread (Read 465 times)

I just ran a 3.5 mile race in 20:07 which says that going <17 should be quite hard for me right now but I'll throw my name into the mix anyway.

I'm next going to try to get there at Mike's FORR 5k on July 16th. I ran 17:10 last year on much less training than I have last year so I'm hoping that my familiarity with the course will make the difference (this will be my 4th year at this race).

Sub-17 Before: Yes

PR: 16:55

Cheers and best of luck to all!

I'm in for this, but I think I'm going to be on a five year plan like Mikey.

I'll be posting a whole bunch of stuff that will probably be quite boring to any readers, but it might be good for me to have y'all keep me on track.  It's going to be a long journey.

Sub-17 before:  Yes

PR:  So long ago, they're irrelevant now.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

I'm old (57) and don't think sub 17 is in the cards anymore.

First time was the first time I ran a 5K: 16:31 on the track in 1978. Coach was not impressed and said his grandmother was faster.

Last time was the year 2000, a 16:51 in Boulder at age 42.

Got very close in my late 40s and early 50s (17:01 road, 17:03 track), and the last 'serious' attempt was 4th of July 2 years ago with a 17:17 on the roads.

runnershawn

I am glad this has no end date.  I am in.

Never got sub 17

P.R. last year 17:41

Age 44

PR 17:30

age 39

haven't gone sub 17 since high school so since that was 21 years ago, we will say never been under

good luck all!

I am glad this has no end date as well.  I am in.

I have run sub 17 before, but it's been 20 years.

Old man PR is from last year 17:41 ( same race as runnershawn)

Age 42

joescott

Maybe this thread can help me out.  I've been sub-17 and my PR is 16:33 from about 4 years ago as I recall.  But I have been struggling with a couple of injuries since March that I can't seem to get over -- haven't really run well since February and this crap is lingering so long I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever run well again.  So, maybe this is motivation to stick to doing the little things, like running a few miles a day as my body allows and eating right and so on, so that when my body starts cooperating again maybe I can take advantage of it and renew my membership in the sub-17 club.  I'm 48, but lately feeling like what I imagine 68 will be like.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Tweeeked

Table is up to date! When's everyone's next 5k?

2016 Goals:

• 5k: sub-16:30
                  • 10k: sub-36
                  • Half: sub-76
                  • Full: 2:45 in Boston
                    • Current PR: 15:34 track (15:38 at altitude, you decide which would be better)
                    • If you have gone sub-17 before: ca 25X sub 16, but last time under 17 was in 2000.

What the heck, I may be old and as irrelevant as can be, but still have an outside chance at it (based on 1:19  hm last year, perfomance equivalent to 17:03). Focus this year is on altitude/trails; XC in the fall, but maybe next year for a concerted effort.

UrbanRunner0950

• Current PR: 16:41
                      • Gone sub 17, trying to set new PR in August of 16:30
                        • Current PR: 16:38

I would like to re-up my sub-17 membership for this year.

Had a good workout today (9.5 miles in a hour). Onward.

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land

tenacity

daubenspeck

PR--17:43

Never

Well OK. Sign me up. Can't imagine accomplishing this, but it'd sure be nice.

Thx, Gary D.

TomG

Sign me up!

17:28

Nope

First 50 mile week in over two years...it's been a slow build up...but I did it.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Y'all are some motivating people. I really should click on that Community tab more often.
                                Sign me up. My grown-up PR is 18:42. In high school I ran a 17:08. I've always wanted to best that. 
                                So: 17:08, 38, no