My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

...caught in a thunderstorm.  And too stubborn to stop before I got my desired 45 minutes.

A week ago,  it was 30-40F.  Yesterday, it hit 83F.  Today, severe storms.

Armageddon is going to be awesome.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Mostly harmless

...caught in a thunderstorm.  And too stubborn to stop before I got my desired 45 minutes.

A week ago,  it was 30-40F.  Yesterday, it hit 83F.  Today, severe storms.

Armageddon is going to be awesome.

It's the end of the world as we know it....

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

Just got in a somewhat hilly 5 miles.  Hope to do another 5 or 6 tonight while The Boy is at soccer practice.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

8 miles  easy run today around noon.  75 degrees and not much wind or clouds. Nice and warm. I was able to slow down about 30 seconds a mile.    I do not like running at a slower pace, it takes all my concentration to keep from accelerating.  Well anyways, I feel good now after a short nap, so this mini-taper I am doing is working Smile Cannot complain much

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Mostly harmless

I finished my double last night. 5 miles at lunch, 5 more in the evening.  There was about a 15 degree drop in temps between the two which made the second run fantastic.

degregorius

Wet.  That's the only word I can think of.  Tongue

Indeed.  I'm glad I got in a lunchtime run before those menacing clouds started dumping.  They're lurking out there, waiting for the rush hour to begin.

I shall contact my Alderman again about my proposal for wild rice farming in Portage and Jefferson parks. Roll eyes

My last run was.....  for Boston.  Today did 10k and broke my old (slow) PR.  I thought about boston for about 90% of the time. I wore blue clothes.  I passed a flag at half mast 4 times and it really sank in.  I am not afraid.

https://twitter.com/Wolfwalker23/status/324279362100813825/photo/1

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My last run was for Boston as well and also 10K. I joined an event called Runners Unite to Remember which asks runners to dedicate one run in the next month to those in Boston yesterday and in solidarity with the running community overall. I had a great run, thinking about it.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

goandrun

this morning reaching over 8 mi in much warmer than expected but breezy weather.

blythe_ann

...awful Sad  I thought my IT band was no longer bothering me but had to limp to catch a ride home after just three miles. Unfortunate.

Really hoping it's just a weird day.

5K: 23:45 10K: 49:50 Half:? Longest run: 20 miles

BlytheAnn, thats sounds like a bummer day Sad  Quick recovery wishes to you!

My last run was today. 64 degrees and 15mph winds +cloudy grey  and humid.  I did my 5.6 mile run and was kind of taking it easy because I had the wind right in my face on the way out.  Plus I am doing speedwork on the track this week x2 and I didn't want to over train. Anyways I ran a 22.08 split for the 2.8mile out and ran 21.00 for the 2.8mile back which was uphill.  I was pretty surprised and beat my PR I just set Monday by 21 secs.  Got home, stretched 10 mins and sat in the cold pool for 15 mins while eating my protein recovery meal.  Overall I was hapy with the 7:42 pace.  I am avoiding the 8 min pace like a plague!!!! Most happy with my post-run routine.  I can now cooldown, eat, stretch and icebath in about 30 mins which is the "magic number" i heard for recovery things. We will see if it works Wink

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Its been awhile since I posted  and noticed some of you moved over to here. Sooo hello to you all again!!! Been battling injurys sore bones and just old age in general. BUT!! managed to finish my first marathon today. Not fast but a great  feeling of acomplishment non the less. It has been my goal to run a mar before I turned 60yr old. 5:30:28 I was hoping to make 5:30, guess thats close enough. Good luck to you all in your future races and training, Buck.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

8 dead miles, earlier today. Blah. Still feeling Friday's 15+ miles.

Oh, and remind me not to run when the sun is high in the sky, unless the temperature is around 30 degrees. Dead

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Revenge of the Nerd

I spent the weekend with DD and the Girl Scouts in Longview, WA as a camp dad. Did twin out-and-back, five-mile runs on Saturday and Sunday from camp to the mighty Columbia River at sunrise.  Spectacular.  

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

tchouhan

i'm new here so i might as well start here.

4.95 in 36:20. been sick and with school it's been tough to get a consistent training block in this freshman year. hopefully this is the start of a great summer.