Can I Hug You? (Read 1094 times)

Just give someone a big hug and tell them how happy you are have such a nice finish in the race...... Im sure they will hug you back.........and it will be cool.......... Don't be shy - you are probably one of about 50% or more of the runners at the race that feel the same way.....HUG AWAY..... Big grin Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

One of the finishers last Sunday asked me to hang the medal around her neck and then gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I didn't mind -- and anyway, after someone just ran 26 miles, I'd be inclined to cut them some slack even if I did mind. Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

That settles it! I've got a race on Saturday and I'm going to hug a stranger! I'll let you know how it goes and whether or not I get arrested... Time to make the buns!
          That settles it! I've got a race on Saturday and I'm going to hug a stranger! I'll let you know how it goes and whether or not I get arrested...
          Man, if you think you are going to get arrested, then I'd say, go for a kiss too....make it worth your while....Big grinShocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

Purdey

Self anointed title

mine are de-luscious Evil grin ha!
            I'll have to take your word for that!

That settles it! I've got a race on Saturday and I'm going to hug a stranger! I'll let you know how it goes and whether or not I get arrested... Time to make the buns!
              Good luck! We'll look forward to either hearing how well it went or the address to send the bond money to! FWIW, I'm on the "hug" side of the fence, always optimistically believing it'll do more good than harm! A sort of pay-it-forward outlook, you know?
                I say hug. After the NYC marathon, I was walking w/ my medal and some Spanish tourists asked me if I had won. I told them no, but posed with them, arms draped on shoulders, IIRC, for photos.
                RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I think you want a hug but you don't want just any hug right! I mean a hug from the HULK would hurt a lot. Do your really want a hug from Jason or Michael Myers? Would you accept a hug from someone with a fanny pak? Would you take a hug from someone who pooped his/her pants? Finally would you hug the guy from Biggest Loser knowing he/she got a ride to the finish line? I'm just sayin!
                    2011 Goals:
                    Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                    Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
                    I just wanted to let y'all know that I hugged a sweaty stranger! My family did go to support me, but I decided to hug a stranger regardless. I hugged some random guy that walked by. The interaction went something like this: Me: Hey, how about a hug from a stranger? Random Guy: Well...I'm pretty sweaty... Me: That's the point! I like sweaty! We hug. The hug was awkward (on his part) and was akin to a "man" hug. I was prepared to have a hug filled with verve and nervous emotion, but I suppose I couldn't expect a full-on embrace, huh? Then my sister-in-law starts shouting "Do it again! I want a picture!" Me: So, how about another sweaty hug and a picture, too? Random Guy: Umm....okay. We hug again (this time with more verve and emotion - we're buds now) and pose for the picture. I'll try to post the picture later! I didn't go in for a kiss as John A suggested. I don't think my husband would have appreciated it since he was witness to the hug encounter. Besides, if Random Guy didn't want to get his sweat on me, I doubt he would have wanted to get his slobber on me! On the down side, I sucked at my race. Oh well. There will be others. Happy weekend everyone!

Mitch & Pete's Mom

I just wanted to let y'all know that I hugged a sweaty stranger! My family did go to support me, but I decided to hug a stranger regardless. I hugged some random guy that walked by. The interaction went something like this: Me: Hey, how about a hug from a stranger? Random Guy: Well...I'm pretty sweaty... Me: That's the point! I like sweaty! We hug. The hug was awkward (on his part) and was akin to a "man" hug. I was prepared to have a hug filled with verve and nervous emotion, but I suppose I couldn't expect a full-on embrace, huh? Then my sister-in-law starts shouting "Do it again! I want a picture!" Me: So, how about another sweaty hug and a picture, too? Random Guy: Umm....okay. We hug again (this time with more verve and emotion - we're buds now) and pose for the picture. I'll try to post the picture later! I didn't go in for a kiss as John A suggested. I don't think my husband would have appreciated it since he was witness to the hug encounter. Besides, if Random Guy didn't want to get his sweat on me, I doubt he would have wanted to get his slobber on me! On the down side, I sucked at my race. Oh well. There will be others. Happy weekend everyone!
                      I have to say I thought of you yesterday at my race when I spied a guy in tight, gold lame shorts with shamrocks on each butt cheek, a wife beater T, and a matching gold lame headband with bobbily green antennas. I looked for him after the race to see if I could get a hug. Couldn't find him. I had to settle for hugs from my other mom friends.
                      Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I keep saying we need to pick a big race in St. Louis so we can have an official "meet me in St. Louis" RA meet-up. Just think of all the random hugs that would produce! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I just wanted to let y'all know that I hugged a sweaty stranger!
                          That's a great story. Congrats on the hug, the race, and the memory.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

#artbydmcbride

Girl on girl hugs are squishier. (I'm just sayin' )

Runners run

I love hugs
                              2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

Tiefsa

Congrats on the after race hug. I am lucky right now. I get the best hugs in the world - Daddy's home from work hugs. I arrive and sit down by the door, my 3 1/2 year old and 2 year old then run me over and hug me. Nothing in life beats that.