Competitive Jerks Racing and Training - 2023 (Read 575 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Dorothea and fishy: Good luck tomorrow at Philly. Might be just a little chilly at the start but otherwise looks like great race weather.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
          06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour, 35.82 miles
          10/12 - Hainesport 12-Hour

dktrotter

Dorothea

Thanks wcrunner, JoshWolf, and everyone who wished us good luck  for tomorrow. It's really cool to be here and I'm trying to walk the fine line between staying rested and taking advantage of being here. Unfortunately, I came down with some kind of bug over the last week, so I'm waking up these last mornings feeling like shit, and then kind of holding it at bay for the rest of the day. If they could move the start time to 11am, that seems like enough time to get my system to some kind of functionality. :-) But yeah, I'm here and I'm just going to do the best I can. I have some hamstring tendonitis too, so it's really not set up to be the perfect day (crazy how much can change in a week), but the weather is AMAZING. Definitely worth leaving just to have cool, dry temps again. So we'll see.

Keen, real sorry to read you've been laid low by your bug. For a last bit of hope for me, would you say you had about 5 days between symptoms starting to show and when it got really bad? I know I don't have Covid (at least according to the $8 dollar test I took--wish I'd brought one of my free kits from home), but there are about a million other things that it could be, obviously. It feels like a a cold without any of the throat or nose stuff-yet.

BTW, mt79, I hate traveling for races and have only done so 4 times now. I spent about half the cost of my room to make up for the things it didn't have and that I need to be race-ready (especially with being sick), but I also love getting to know a new city, and running it is probably one of the best ways to do it.

And also, I'd be down for a mile face off! I don't think I'll win, but it would be fun to have a reason to run a fast mile again.

Imagining you in the last part of your race right now, mmerkle. Hope you're feeling strong!

krash, those are spectacular images. I need to be able to see that at some point in my life. I can only imagine what it's like running so close to the edge like that.

Mikkey, I agree with Steve and the others. Sorry to read, but great that you already have your eye on a new target. Shame about the showdown at CIM, though. But I guess that means Cal won after all ;-)

Apropos Cal, kudos to the goal updates. Making it to the Age World Champs is a plan!

Steve, great pacing recap. I want to do that more. I heard that if you pace enough of the right races, you can get asked to pace at the World Majors, which means you can run them, obviously. It won't be PR pace, but if you're someone who just wants to get free rides to far-away places like Tokyo (for me) and Chicago (for you), then it could be a pretty good deal.

Flavio, nice dress rehearsal. Like others have stated, you really seem ready. Not you just need to stay healthy! ;-)

RP, I figured it was a deputy sheriff's training test. But 30 sit ups in 1 minute? I can do that--barely. I didn't realize that was kinda strong until now. You can definitely improve on that, and it will help you in running, too. I'm sure you're not worried about the running test. Either way, I wish you all the best.

Longboat! Have fun in NZ :-) Hope your rehab goes a little more smoothly and you feel like you're making more progress soon.

Qualifications: I like to run. In Florida. In the summer. At noon.  

Last race: June 29, Hasenheide Parkrun, 22:19. A bit disappointing time, but it was still a fun event. 

Marky_Mark_17

dk, Fishy -good luck! Sorry to hear about that bug dk.

Piwi, Longboat - good to see a catch-up!

Me - Felt a bit crap Fri / Sat with some weird bug but was OK-ish again Sunday.  Starting to drop the volume a bit now with Omaha HM approaching, which is one of my favourite races for sure, even if it is one of the slowest flat courses around.  Wednesday's progression workout was actually pretty good prep as it was humid and warm and into a headwind coming back.

Weekly for period: From: 13/11/2023 To 19/11/2023

<caption>Weekly Grid</caption>
        Date Name mi km Duration Avg/mi Avg/km Elevation Gain
        in m
        13/11 That run into the great shining archway 6.10 9.81 00:44:53 07:21 04:35 9
        14/11 That run where the overly dramatic sunrise disappeared quite quickly 7.00 11.26 00:47:34 06:48 04:13 20
        15/11 That run where pirate time was more aaaarghhhh than usual 9.40 15.12 00:58:45 06:15 03:53 22
        16/11 That run where I’ll take weather like that for every run thanks 7.49 12.05 00:50:06 06:41 04:09 90
        16/11 That run with vitamin D, heat acclimation and a highly derivative take on art 3.92 6.30 00:28:31 07:16 04:32 49
        18/11 That run where 6am on a rainy Saturday morning seems like an odd time to get on to the lawns 9.33 15.02 00:57:33 06:10 03:50 9
        19/11 That run where there might be Covid around but a face shield and mask for a solo bike ride at 6:30am on a windy Sunday morning seems a little excessive 13.08 21.04 01:32:50 07:06 04:25 217

Totals: Time: 06:20:12 - 🦅Imperial: 56.31 mi - Metric: 90.61 km

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Runway5 / National 5k Champs, 16:22, National Masters AG Champ!

Up next: Still working on that...

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Fishyone

Hi All- Thanks for the encouragement!  Time to try to sleep soon ...7AM start makes for an early morning   Bib 1591 for those that want to check it out.

5K 18:36 (2023), 10K 39:40 (2022), 1/2 1:24:37 (2023), full 2:58:36 (2015) 

mmerkle

Let's see some fast times dk and fishy !!! Sorry I'm posting this a bit late.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Hi All- Thanks for the encouragement!  Time to try to sleep soon ...7AM start makes for an early morning   Bib 1591 for those that want to check it out.

7am is early? God I’m old. Back in my day 6am iis when we woke up so we could catch the school bus.

shit…I missed the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/live/1MV-1DUswH0?si=8PhvGaS4t14ah-CK

jFk 50 Mile finish line. 
              some folks look happy to see a runner around the 3:24:30 mark of the video. #STALKER

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

dktrotter

Dorothea

Let's see some fast times dk and fishy !!! Sorry I'm posting this a bit late.

Not too late, Thanks, mmerkle. I forgot to say I'm bib 2933. Taking zinc for four days seems to have helped ward off the worst parts of a cold, Today's the first morning my RHR stayed steady (still higher than base) and my HRV went up a smidge, but I'm still struggling with nausea-- as long as I can keep down fuel, this may still be a race. See you out there, darkwave and fishy!

Also, cool idea with the finish line camera! If I understand correctly, great finish?!! Congrats!!! hope your recovery started smoothly!

Qualifications: I like to run. In Florida. In the summer. At noon.  

Last race: June 29, Hasenheide Parkrun, 22:19. A bit disappointing time, but it was still a fun event. 

shouldbedeleted

RP - There's a saying in Portuguese that "A kick in the butt still moves you forward".
                  You've got this!

Cal - Balls on the table 😎

Piwi/Longboat - legendary meet up. Long boat is quietly linking us all together!
                  Outstanding t-shirt by Longboat as well 👏

MT79 - I'm in for a mile challenge. Everyone just run a mile as hard as they can.

Dorothea - Ugh, sorry to hear about the bug. Hopefully you can wake up on the other side of it on race day. Good luck!!!

Fishy - Go get it!

me - I need to stop reading these boards cause I also got a bug. This was a weird week.

Tuesday after the strength training session I got caught with some huge levels of fatigue. The running workout on Wednesday morning was way more laboured than usual. Then by Friday later in the day I started with cold symptoms (pain in the eyes, headaches, chills.

I was unsure if I should run the workout today, but decided to try to do it. It was a disaster where I bonked on the 2nd block of 6 miles. The last 3 miles in the cool down I had to drag myself home I had negative energy. I tried to eat a gel but it did nothing.

Now I'm gonna try to sleep some extra and take some Vitamin C + Zinc.

Weekly for period: From: 11/13/2023 To 11/19/2023

<caption>Weekly Grid</caption>
                  Date Name mi km Duration Avg/mi Avg/km Elevation Gain
                  in ft
                  11/13 45'E 5.05 8.12 00:45:00 08:55 05:33 200
                  11/14 70'E 7.99 12.86 01:10:00 08:46 05:27 348
                  11/15 6x (1K@10k + 3'E) 10.46 16.83 01:19:38 07:37 04:44 331
                  11/16 75'E - Good bye Altra Paradigm 6, great companion, 1200km 750mi 7.96 12.80 01:15:01 09:25 05:52 390
                  11/17 70'E 7.80 12.55 01:10:00 08:58 05:35 377
                  11/18 70'E + 4x100m strides 8.67 13.95 01:13:00 08:25 05:14 381
                  11/19 2x (6 miles @ MP + 1 mile E) 19.01 30.59 02:23:11 07:32 04:41 522

Totals: Time: 09:15:50 - 🦅Imperial: 66.94 mi - Metric: 107.71 km

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Enough of all this illness!

On a positive note I have clearance to start increasing the intensity of my workouts on Monday. So looking forward to a light fartlek workout.

2024 Races:

mmerkle

wcrunner great news!

fishy through the half in 1:28:24

30k in 2:05:27

40k 2:47:23 !!!

2:56:42, Incredible ! What a day for fishy

dktrotter through half in 1:41:22

30k in 2:25:23

Tracker acting strange. Let's see what happens

Came through in 3:29:40! Solid race.

Time for you both to celebrate.

shouldbedeleted

Holy crap look at the fishy one!

shouldbedeleted

You got it DK!!!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Getting some crazy readings on the tracker for DK. It has her 30K and 40K splits identical.

Just noticed it did the same thing to fishy's splits.

2024 Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

HELL YEAH!!

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Wow some epic results

Fishy outstanding time you must be stoked.

Dorothea congratulations as well, sub 3.30. Your splits look great.

Merkle way to go on the 50 miler. Sounds brutal but you overcame all the pain and hurdles.

Flavio yes Longboats shirt was epic. Even had a moose on it. We had our wives with us so running talk was kept to a minimum 

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "