Default map always shows Boston (Read 598 times)

dwindhorst

I'm new.  I think I've set my default map location correctly.  Settings --> Locale Settings --> Panned and zoomed to my location and clicked "update."  Whenever I return to this screen it shows the same location I set.  However, when I upload a new workout, the map that comes up is of Boston, MA.  I'm in Southwest Asia.  I can zoom out and pan over to my current location and find my workout route, so it's saving it.  Why doesn't it show this when I open the map for the workout?  Why Boston every time? 

Thanks for your help!

dwindhorst

I think I found it.  A message comes up that says a script needs to run that may make IE unresponsive.  I had been clicking the default don't-let-it-run option because...well, because I didn't want IE to become unresponsive!  So I let it run.  I had to repeat the order to let it run because it came up a second time.  That finally worked.  Whatever that script is did take me to the map of my workout.  IE is still running.  :-) 

mikeymike

Why Boston every time?

Because that's the center of the universe.

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

Because that's the center of the universe.

The universe revolves around Hell?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The universe revolves around Hell?

Boston is the Hub of the Universe.  I'm pretty sure Hell is in Michigan, and apparently it does freeze over.

(I love this pic...)

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

eric :)

I think I found it.  A message comes up that says a script needs to run that may make IE unresponsive.  I had been clicking the default don't-let-it-run option because...well, because I didn't want IE to become unresponsive!  So I let it run.  I had to repeat the order to let it run because it came up a second time.  That finally worked.  Whatever that script is did take me to the map of my workout.  IE is still running.  :-) 

Dana,

Were you having trouble with today's run?  The mapping code is written in JavaScript.  Different browsers' JavaScript engine has a different performance profile.  IE is the slowest of all major browsers.  I highly recommend Firefox, if you're allowed to install it on your computer.  On my home computer, I get the slow script warning on IE while FF had no such problems.

Nice job on your run, by the way!  Are you training for anything?  And are you allowed to take pictures?  I love pictures of those things that you run around Big grin