Race Ready Shorts (Read 962 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I'm thinking about buying a pair of race ready shorts because I carry a lot of gu. I was using a marathon belt but I have gotten a little to skinny for that thing (yeah) and so it is too loose on me. Do the race ready shorts bounce with the stuff in the pockets/netting?
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    Jill_B

I fly.

I've never noticed bouncing or had a problem. (And I also can fit sunglasses in the big back pocket, which I like.)

Bring it on.

I've never had a problem with things bouncing or bouncing out of the pockets. I love them, but lately I haven't done any long runs where I've needed the cargo space.
        RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Jill, How many gus do you carry? Do you think they would fit 7-8 gus?
            2011 Goals:

The King of Beasts

I started with 8 gels for a 50k. I did not have a problem.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Imminent Catastrophe

Never had an issue with bouncing with RaceReadys. I love them, they're all I wear any more. However, I once had a butt-crack issue when I had a lot of gels and didn't tie the waist cord tightly Undecided

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I love mine. Wish they were a bit prettier (wearing them in photo on the left), but they work like a champ. Waist cord? Mine don't have a waist cord. Is that just the men's version? Only time I had a bouncing problem was when I jammed a Blackberry in one of the little pockets. Don't do that. I wonder who picks out the material for the things. Unless you go with a solid color, they're pretty ghastly.
                  Never had an issue with bouncing with RaceReadys. I love them, they're all I wear any more. However, I once had a butt-crack issue when I had a lot of gels and didn't tie the waist cord tightly Undecided
                  I had the same experience in my first marathon. Love the shorts, though. The big pocket is great for a pack of pop tarts for those long runs.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

My 11 year old daughter one day was show her crack so I pointed it out and told her to "Just say no to crack". Now when we see anyone who is showing his/her crack we have a little private laugh together about it. Good times. I ended up with Asics ARD shorts. I couldn't decide when I had them both in my hand. The Asics seemed to have tighter little pockets and the mid back pocket had a zipper and was smaller. One of the runners at the store said the big pocket on the other ones bounced on him. I do like the pockets on the side/front of the race ready.
                      2011 Goals:

Bugs

Common opinion is they are good practical race shorts, but not the sexy look you may want. I sew, or sometimes pay to have a seamstress sew pockets into the shorts I want to wear. I like these shorts better.

Bugs