Will you upgrade? (Read 1010 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Snow Leopard ships Friday.

Will it ship to you?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nope.  PowerPC iMac, so I'm at the end of the line with Leopard.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Only pre-loaded to a Intel Mini... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My work uses an Exchange server for email.  MacMail has never played nice and Entourage is out of the question given that it eats files.  Exchange support on my iTouch is flawless, so I may upgrade to have more robust email access.  $29 is pretty close to free for an OS upgrade.
            Broader question.  Why switch from PC to Mac?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm not sure I understand.

Oh.  Wait.

You mean some people still use PC? 

Weird.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Broader question.  Why switch from PC to Mac?

Switch?  I've never used a PC...other than a bit in college for a Visual Basic class and word processing.  Damned things were so unreliable.  Why would I want to switch to PC?

~ Sarah Kay

All the new sensible hipsters.  Haven't you seen the PC ads, where they send some hip-artsy-no-nonsense-Mac-user-looking young buck into a department store and the person comes out with a great PC for under a $1,000 bucks?

I'm not sure I understand.

Oh.  Wait.

You mean some people still use PC? 

Weird.

Yeah, all the new sensible hipsters.  Haven't you seen the PC ads, where they send some hip-artsy-no-nonsense-Mac-user-looking young buck into a department store and the person comes out with a great PC for under a $1,000 bucks?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

All the new sensible hipsters.  Haven't you seen the PC ads, where they send some hip-artsy-no-nonsense-Mac-user-looking young buck into a department store and the person comes out with a great PC for under a $1,000 bucks?

I'm firmly in the "I get what I pay for" camp.  I'm still using a 4+ year old Mac Mini that is only recently getting kinda crotchety.  I don't know very many PC users who go this long without major issues on their machines.

~ Sarah Kay

xor

I saw the latest "I'm a Mac" commercial last night.  The new, slicker PC is played by... Patrick Warburton (aka Puddy and The Tick).

The borg chip forces me not to like the overly pretentious I'm a Mac campaign, but casting Puddy makes ANYTHING better.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, all the new sensible hipsters.  Haven't you seen the PC ads, where they send some hip-artsy-no-nonsense-Mac-user-looking young buck into a department store and the person comes out with a great PC for under a $1,000 bucks?

Heh.

That PC sure is reliable, eh?

Wink

xor

I'm firmly in the "I get what I pay for" camp.  I'm still using a 4+ year old Mac Mini that is only recently getting kinda crotchety.  I don't know very many PC users who go this long without major issues on their machines.

Um yeah.

Didn't you have to reload the whole OS or something in the past year?  Don't make me go find that thread.

I'm overriding my borg commands that want me to defend the PC.  I'm not doing that (I've had to scorch/rebuild friends-and-family PCs way too often)... but you weren't acting like it was "kinda crotchety" when this happened.

My record for a PC w/o big issues is actually 2 1/2 years, but I had to work at it... and that is annoying.

Then again, it took 3 laptops, 2 motherboards, and 2 screens to get me a working laptop.  But that wasn't the borg's issue.  That's because DELL HAS TURNED INTO A PIECE OF SHIT COMPANY.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Um yeah.

Didn't you have to reload the whole OS or something in the past year?  Don't make me go find that thread.

I'm overriding my borg commands that want me to defend the PC.  I'm not doing that... but you weren't acting like it was "kinda crotchety" when this happened.

My record for a PC w/o big issues is actually 2 1/2 years, but I had to work at it... and that is annoying.

Then again, it took 3 laptops, 2 motherboards, and 2 screens to get me a working laptop.  But that wasn't the borg's issue.  That's because DELL HAS TURNED INTO A PIECE OF SHIT COMPANY.

Yeah, but only one (really painless) OS reinstallation in 4 years?  Ask backroadrunner about her PC laptop that gave her hell from the start--or at least as soon as the warranty expired.

~ Sarah Kay

Heh.

That PC sure is reliable, eh?

Wink

HA.