Brr... (Read 849 times)

GR--the half marathon. I expect to see you at the marathon starting line next year...with me and a few other RA folks (assuming they can heal from their injuries). k
    I would sure like to be there. Usually my parents are still at the cabin in the UP this time of year but we could still stay at their house. It's only 30 miles from GR. I'm anxiously awaiting race reports from all you GR marathoners.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

I want to go shopping with Zoomie and Joni
      We'd have lots of fun!!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We would have fun shopping! Even just sitting and slugging coffee and gabbing would be a blast! I think I'm gonna head out by noon to go pick up my race packet in GR. Joni, wanna come with? I'll have Mr. unmedicated man with me, though...*cwazy* Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

GR--the half marathon. I expect to see you at the marathon starting line next year...with me and a few other RA folks (assuming they can heal from their injuries). Smile k
          I'm an idiot. I knew that. Sorry!!!! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!! Kick some serious butt (and not your own!). Planning on breaking your recent PR? And, fwiw, I'm now officially (ok, unofficially as I haven't, ya know SIGNED UP) gunning for the GR Full next year. It'll be my first, and you can add me to your list RA peeps that'll be there! KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!!!! And I'll be thinking of you tomorrow 'bout the time I lace 'em up for my run!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Mike! Next year is going to be so fun! Smile As much as I'd like to blast my recent PR, I'd be happy just to be under 2:05. The last month or so has been rough and my allergies are kind of putting a damper on things, so we'll see. Sometimes I surprise myself. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

We would have fun shopping! Even just sitting and slugging coffee and gabbing would be a blast! I think I'm gonna head out by noon to go pick up my race packet in GR. Joni, wanna come with? I'll have Mr. unmedicated man with me, though...*cwazy* Wink k
              Awww! Heh, I sorta thought about that when you wrote you were going to pick it up today. (Nothing like mentally inviting myself somewhere, you know!?) Big grin Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, I have Mr. Medicated here at home!! My littlest missed school Wed-Fri and has been fighting a fever; got up to 104- it was all I could do to keep it down. I think today he's much better. I haven't had a chance to go shopping (or anything else), so while DH is here, I'm going to get out and grab groceries and run errands. Have you guys seen Shrek 3? It's one of the Dove movies playing through the 1st at the Cinema Carousel. Even if it was on a weekday, would you guys be interested in seeing it? I'm assuming we'll all be well over here eventually.... Tongue The later movie usually starts 5ish, so we'd still be able to get everyone fed beforehand (although...what time do D&D get home?) and back in time for bed. We haven't seen it, so I'd like to try to go.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you guys seen Shrek 3? It's one of the Dove movies playing through the 1st at the Cinema Carousel. Even if it was on a weekday, would you guys be interested in seeing it? I'm assuming we'll all be well over here eventually.... Tongue The later movie usually starts 5ish, so we'd still be able to get everyone fed beforehand (although...what time do D&D get home?) and back in time for bed. We haven't seen it, so I'd like to try to go.
                Ooh, we haven't seen it yet, either--and Dane has half-days all next week for conferences, so that would be perfect! We could even do an earlier show, since I will be picking him up before lunch all week long. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, I might just do that. And maybe one of my cheap-ass pair of lightweight fleece gloves that I can toss if I end up not wanting to deal with them. k
                  About a week ago, I put a duffel bag on the floor and I've been adding items to it as I think of them. It has Accelerade, bandaids and Aquaphor lotion, second set of running socks and shoes. It also has a "disposable" long sleeve cotton tee and a pair of old socks that I'll wear as mittens before the start if it's cold. If I wind up wearing them to start, the tee and sock-mittens will wind up getting ditched somewhere on the course. Is premeditated littering a felony? Hope this is one of those occasions you surprise yourself Zoomie, if not then just have LOTS of fun! Modified to add: just put Crocs in the bag for post-race relaxin'

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Ooh, we haven't seen it yet, either--and Dane has half-days all next week for conferences, so that would be perfect! We could even do an earlier show, since I will be picking him up before lunch all week long. Smile k
                    My kids don't have conferences till the following week, so the 5ish movie would be the earliest we could go. Would did wanna come? D's not a big talker, but I know he'd like to see the movie too! We could meet at the theater. I'll call you later tomorrow or Monday...give you some recovery time!! Smile
                      Is premeditated littering a felony?
                      Wouldn't that just blend in with all the other littering of cups, etc.? Big grin
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My kids don't have conferences till the following week, so the 5ish movie would be the earliest we could go. Would did wanna come? D's not a big talker, but I know he'd like to see the movie too! We could meet at the theater. I'll call you later tomorrow or Monday...give you some recovery time!! Smile
                        Oh, that would probably work just fine. You know, did does love him some Shrek. I'll bet he'd come, too. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ed, I've been thinking about the cheap socks on the hands thing, too. I've heard of people doing that, as well. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and Joni...I forgot to wish your little guy a get well (racey spacey). Fevers in kids are so awful to deal with. It does leave a parent pretty cabin-fevered, themselves. (((HUGS)))

~ Sarah Kay

You know, did does love him some Shrek.
                              I've been playing a lot of movies for DS since he's been sick most of the week. Yesterday I put Shrek 2 in and I got sucked into the thing again!! I was trying to get a little done around the house (btwn answering to my DS's requests! Ha!) and I'll be darned if I didn't end up watching the whole movie for the ...what?....145th time!? I LOVE Shrek. I have an especially soft spot for Donkey. Blush
                                Oh, and Joni...I forgot to wish your little guy a get well (racey spacey). Fevers in kids are so awful to deal with. It does leave a parent pretty cabin-fevered, themselves. (((HUGS)))
                                Thanks!! Smile