Gee, there's something I've never seen before in my race results... (Read 543 times)

Mitch & Pete's Mom

it is the number 1 under divsion. I'm very humbly surprised that I did that well. This is an 8k that is run on the sand along the beach, jumping over piles of kelp and dodging waves. It was a pretty tough run, the headwind after the turnaround was extra challenging. All of the women in my division must have quit mid race and taken a right turn up to the boardwalk and stoped at the local coffee shop for breakfast. Believe me, it crossed my mind. The best part was just being out there after a super tough week on the home front. We lost a case in court to have a permanent injunction placed on a bully neighbor who has threatened my husband and stared at my kids while they were out playing in the front yard. We were ordered to mediation. So, this race felt good. It felt empowering to accomplish something when the events of my week left me feeling unsafe and less than powerful. Have you guys ever had a run or race like that? Share...
    Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
      hey, you were there too? Congrats!!! I ran that race last year and this year proved to be just as nasty. I got out of my car and after the first block of walking into the wind and hearing the howling surf, I decided that I was really ok with not racing. So I watched y'all from the lifeguard tower, wrapped up in my blanky all toasty warm, cringing at the wind blowing on you on the way back. Shocked Dh/trailsurfer got first in his age group too!

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

hey, you were there too? Congrats!!! I ran that race last year and this year proved to be just as nasty. I got out of my car and after the first block of walking into the wind and hearing the howling surf, I decided that I was really ok with not racing. So I watched y'all from the lifeguard tower, wrapped up in my blanky all toasty warm, cringing at the wind blowing on you on the way back. Shocked
        You Southern Californians crack me up! Wink Aimster, NICE job...way to HTFU! Big grin I'm sorry that the courts aren't taking threatening behavior towards you and your kids seriously, though. Unreal. Apparently they need for something truly tragic to happen, huh? No

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mitch & Pete's Mom

hey, you were there too? Congrats!!! I ran that race last year and this year proved to be just as nasty. I got out of my car and after the first block of walking into the wind and hearing the howling surf, I decided that I was really ok with not racing. So I watched y'all from the lifeguard tower, wrapped up in my blanky all toasty warm, cringing at the wind blowing on you on the way back. Shocked Dh/trailsurfer got first in his age group too!
          Good for DH! I swore I wouldn't run it again this year but what the heck. If I would have packed some cash in my pocked I would have stopped at "The Mission" on the way back. You were smart to wait out the sand storm from the tower.
          Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
            You Southern Californians crack me up! Wink
            bu bu but, it was inclement weather! It was 49 degrees and the winds had to be 20-30mph, BRRRRRR! Shocked Last year I got 3rd overall but I decided that it wasn't the hill I wanted to die on this year. Mike tried to coax me out of the tower by telling me I lose tough chick points. HA! I said, there's no glory in an 8k beach run...you get a sucky time on your record and feel the need to explain the conditons to everyone who is not properly impressed. Aimster~ you ROCK! because I know what you ran in! That wind, high tide, soft wet sand, and kelp mounds is not an easy course...

Jennifer mm#1231