Worst.Song.Ever (Read 789 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You all should just be thankful if your folks weren't Frankie Valley and the 4 Seasons fans. I'm just sayin'. Roll eyes Dead

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Now now POQ, are you having trouble controlling your beast?
      maybe, just maybe...btw, your fav bands choices were spot on!
      I'm in the wrong era on this thread. The list of my favorite '90s acts: Tool > RHCP > Alice in Chains > Jane's Addiction = Pearl Jam > Nirvana > Green Day > getting punched in the face

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Mishka-old log

Oh why-yi-yi-yi-yi did you have to mention that?
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You all should just be thankful if your folks weren't Frankie Valley and the 4 Seasons fans. I'm just sayin'. Roll eyes Dead
          Zoomie, you must have forgotten that they sang, "December 1963 (Oh, what a night)." You stand corrected. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomie, you must have forgotten that they sang, "December 1963 (Oh, what a night)." You stand corrected. Tongue
            Sheeeeeeerrrrrry bayaybeee... *vomits*

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

But as a hard-core Beatles fan, it pains me to say that there's one song at least as bad -- Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson's cringe-inducing duet, "The Girl is Mine."
              We may actually have a winner. Now that is a bad song. Any song that uses the phrase "the doggone girl is mine" without a trace of irony - and its not even a country song! - is bad. The fact that two musical geniuses came up with that steaming pile is probably enough to push it to the top of the list. I think I can honestly say I'd never actually listen to that song voluntarily. You win. I did come up with a few choices: R.E.M. - "Shiny Happy People" Mr. Mister - "Broken Wings" Both of which cause me physical pain. ------------------------------- But my personal all time worst is a song I don't even know the name to, but I'll bet some of you do. It's that stupid, stupid, stupid song by some girl who goes "do do do do do do do, do do do do do, do do do" through the whole song, and then the whole lyric is random stuff from her day. As in: "So I went to the front door, and I saw the mailman, and then he waved hi at me so I made myself a sandwich, do do do do do do do do do ....." No, those aren't the lyrics. But same idea. My lyrics are probably better. I say its the worst song ever. I fly at the radio to change the channel when it comes on. It's ultimate proof that you can put anything on the radio. Anything at all.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Rick Astley. Whatever the hell the overdramatic atmosphere disturber was, way back when, but it was horror. NEVA GONNA GIVE YOU UP NEVA GONNA LET YOO GO NEVA GONNA TURN AROUN' AN' DESERT YOU, NEVA GONNA STOP THIS CRAP NEVA GONNA NOT BE ALL CRAPPY etc. etc. Horror, I tell ya. did

Think Whirled Peas

OH. NO. I forgot one. THIS ONE needs serious consideration. Actors as singers is a terrible, terrible idea.

Mishka-old log

But my personal all time worst is a song I don't even know the name to, but I'll bet some of you do. It's that stupid, stupid, stupid song by some girl who goes "do do do do do do do, do do do do do, do do do" through the whole song, and then the whole lyric is random stuff from her day. As in: "So I went to the front door, and I saw the mailman, and then he waved hi at me so I made myself a sandwich, do do do do do do do do do ....."
                    Ask and you shall receive. OK, so you didn't ask. *dodges path of projectile vomit*
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OH. NO. I forgot one. THIS ONE needs serious consideration. Actors as singers is a terrible, terrible idea.
                      You ain't kiddin'...

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

But my personal all time worst is a song I don't even know the name to, but I'll bet some of you do. It's that stupid, stupid, stupid song by some girl who goes "do do do do do do do, do do do do do, do do do" through the whole song, and then the whole lyric is random stuff from her day. As in: "So I went to the front door, and I saw the mailman, and then he waved hi at me so I made myself a sandwich, do do do do do do do do do ....." .
                        Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner." I can see why you hate it, but it find it hypnotic. Not in a good way, mind you, but I can't seem to turn away when I hear it. Pretty random stupid sh*t, I agree. I am sitting In the morning At the diner On the corner I am waiting At the counter For the man To pour the coffee And he fills it Only halfway And before I even argue He is looking Out the window At somebody Coming in "It is always Nice to see you" Says the man Behind the counter To the woman Who has come in She is shaking Her umbrella And I look The other way As they are kissing Their hellos I'm pretending Not to see them Instead I pour the milk I open Up the paper There's a story Of an actor Who had died While he was drinking It was no one I had heard of And I'm turning To the horoscope And looking For the funnies When I'm feeling Someone watching me And so I raise my head There's a woman On the outside Looking inside Does she see me? No she does not Really see me Cause she sees Her own reflection And I'm trying Not to notice That she's hitching Up her skirt And while she's Straightening her stockings Her hair Has gotten wet Oh, this rain It will continue Through the morning As I'm listening To the bells Of the cathedral I am thinking Of your voice... And of the midnight picnic Once upon a time Before the rain began... I finish up my coffee It's time to catch the train

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Think Whirled Peas

Ask and you shall receive. OK, so you didn't ask. *dodges path of projectile vomit*
                          But according to reviewer "Maggie Stars" it's the "Best song ever!". And reviewer "nicolle1989" says "kocham tÄ… piosenkÄ™!! "...

JakeKnight

Ewww. Yeah. How could I forget Don Johnson's recording "career." That's just a bad song all around. Bad music, he can't sing, not a catchy, stupid lyrics, and Don Johnson. That's a good one.
                            That's the one. I clicked your link, listened for 2 seconds, shuddered, groaned, crossed myself, and hit the red x up in the corner. At least as far as songs that actually got a lot of airplay, I say that one takes the cake.

Think Whirled Peas

You ain't kiddin'...
                              *Bows, in deference* excellent find

JakeKnight

You ain't kiddin'...
                                I'd thought about the Eddie Murphy classic. But the truth the chorus is catchy. And the song is bad enough that its funny. Nope. Its no Shiny Happy People. That song makes me consider suicide.