Worst.Song.Ever (Read 789 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nope. Its no Shiny Happy People. That song makes me consider suicide.
    So it doesn't make you shiny or happy?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Sheeeeeeerrrrrry bayaybeee... *vomits*
      Hey...wait just a darn minute! ...I lOVE that song The worst one is just about ANYTHING out of David Hasselhoff's mouth!
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would vote for "Afternoon Delight," but this version vindicates the track: Anchorman

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

The worst one is just about ANYTHING out of David Hasselhoff's mouth!
          Good call. How did you people forget Hasselhoff?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'd thought about the Eddie Murphy classic. But the truth the chorus is catchy. And the song is bad enough that its funny. Nope. Its no Shiny Happy People. That song makes me consider suicide.
            SHP is the opposite of the Murphy song in the sense that EM's chorus is catchy and the rest of the song sucks, whereas SHP has excellent verses and bridge, and a train-wreck of a chorus. I can listen to SHP until they reach a chorus, so although it's bad, it's not "Girl is Mine" or "We Built This City" bad.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good call. How did you people forget Hasselhoff?

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

I can listen to SHP until they reach a chorus, so although it's bad, it's not "Girl is Mine" or "We Built This City" bad.
                You know, the truth is I can't remember one lick of the rest of the song. Just that chorus. Which makes me want to climb a tower with a rifle.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I would vote for "Afternoon Delight," but this version vindicates the track: Anchorman
                  No way. The original itself is a classic guilty pleasure, and the Anchorman bit just underscored its excellence. The genius of Afternoon Delight is that everyone one in America of all ages was singing along with that song, either oblivious to or ignoring the fact that it was all about scoring a nooner. It seemed so innocent, but it was all about shagging. No other song, with the exception of the Beatles "Please Please Me", has ever been so dirty yet received such widespread acceptance.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

*Deep sigh* I almost hate to torture you guys with this. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDpMfEeo3Q

Amy

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

. 3. "MacArthur Park," Richard Harris - Who in their right mind would leave a cake out in the rain? And what does it have to do with the park? Mike
                      It's about LSD.

Think Whirled Peas

*gouging own eyes out* Thanks for the visual...guh Any mention of the 'hoff though harkens me back to "Baywatch". Which leads to thoughts of Pamela, the early years. nummers.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*Deep sigh* I almost hate to torture you guys with this. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDpMfEeo3Q
                          Yes. As a very blonde woman I especially hate this song. Sounds more like 4 cats being tortured.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

But as a hard-core Beatles fan, it pains me to say that there's one song at least as bad -- Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson's cringe-inducing duet, "The Girl is Mine." Maybe not a big enough hit to qualify for this list, but every time I've ever heard it, I've curled into a fetal position while screaming, "WHY, PAUL? WHY?"
                            Funny, with the exception of "Maybe I'm Amazed" I can't stand to listen to anything Paul did post-Beatles.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay