New Flying Pig 2008 group (Read 801 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I have created a new running group for the 2008 flying pig. Please join if you have any interest in being part of the flying pig for 2008. I know the Columbus group really helped me for 2007. It is always nice to know what other people are doing to get prepared for the same race. I hope some of you will join. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/FP
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Is nobody else running the Flying Pig this year. You know it is going to be special since it will be the 10th year.
        2011 Goals:

Think Whirled Peas

I thought about running the half, as a running pal from work will be running the Pig...but then my other running partners at work found the Mini-Marathon in Indy the same weekend. I'm not a NASCAR or race fan, but I think getting to run on the fabled brickyard would be pretty cool. Maybe if all goes well in Grand Rapids 2008 full mary then I'll get my chubby buns in the Pig for '09.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Yeah but with the flying pig you get a really cool medal and since this year is the 10th year it should be an awesome medal. Plus they always give a really nice technical running shirt and a bag. You can always run indy but you can't always run the flying pig on it's 10th year anniversary Cool Either way you can't lose and I wish you luck in your training.
            2011 Goals:

Another Passion

You have me scratchin' my head Bearcat. I wouldn't do the full as I'm doing Toledo's in April, but I may see if some friends want to do the half or the 4 person relay. Very enticing being it's the 10th anniversary.

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

I ran the Half Pig this year, and would do the Full in 2008... except I'm running Big Sur the weekend before! I'll see if some of the folks in my training group want to join your (virtual) group.

Jeanne

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Hey Rick. That is my goal. Confuse and then move on Evil grin I like your sig except I always believed it should go like this "If you ain't first but your second then your just the best loser!"
                  2011 Goals:

Another Passion

Scratchin' my head as in contemplating.... Hmmmmm. It sounds and looks like it would be a blast. I'm trying to talk my wife into the half. Big grin BTW Bearcat... my sister was a BearcatMusicPerformance grad student for a year (a long time ago). Smile

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I just realized how old thi post is that I'm replying to...But I am running the full Pig, and it's my first marathon. I'm "squeally" excited!