Automatic import from Garmin Connect Integration not working (Read 1101 times)

Enda

Hi,

I'm probably missing something very obvious but other than allowing access for RA to Garmin do I need to do anything else ? No runs are auto loading for me at all. I even tried creating a few dummy runs within Garmin but nothing appears in RA.

Thanks,

Enda

Same here. I integrated it via Tools -> Applications. Uploaded something to Garmin. It appeared in Strava (https://www.strava.com/activities/324482520) but not Runningahead. Help?

Same here....nothing has imported.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I know this isn't much help, but I just got back from a run and it worked for me. Check at the top of the page on the left side near the RunningAhead logo. There are three little icons. The one with an arrow had a red number 1 on it indicating I had a workout waiting.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

aolesins

same here.

No notifications, no new workouts.

I tried different browsers - IE, Chrome and FF.

Endomondo works, thoughSmile

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

If you click on Training Log -> Tools -> Applications that should take you to the Garmin Connect integration page. Do you see a red button that says Disconnect? If it doesn't have the red Disconnect button, you're not set up.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

aolesins

Red disconnectSmile

I even tried to disconnect and connect once again, but it didnt help.

I was thinking of ticking "fill new workout with info from last workout", but I dont want to.

mikeymike

This isn't a great answer but I beta tested Garmin Connect integration before it went live and when I first connected my RA account, it took a couple of days for the first workouts to appear. I don't think Eric ever figured out why--he contacted Garmin and they said they didn't change anything on their end but once he contacted them things started to magically appear.

At first I got a couple of workouts, then one time I logged in and my last 30 days of runs (all duplicates of runs I had manually uploaded) were there, I deleted them all and after that it has worked flawlessly.

Today's run uploaded pretty much instantly and I had the "workout waiting" indicator when I opened RA.

Runners run

Dreamn

Same here. I have a new run that went to Strava but nothing on RA, yet. I disconnected and reconnected but nothing yet.

Yep, same issue for me. I'm all set up (red Disconnect  button), and my run is on Strava, but not RA.

eric :)

For the folks with Garmin Connect integration not working, did you upload any workouts to Garmin Connect?  I think you need to upload a workout in order for Garmin Connect to send it to RA.  Manually creating a workout would not work because the integration is specific to GPS data files.

I checked the server logs and have been getting connections from Garmin so it's working for at least some people.  I checked the data (on RA's side) and everything seemed correct.  I can see that you have authorized Garmin Connect to send data to RA.  It is up to Garmin to send the data over.

eric Smile

Thanks for checking, Eric! Yes, this morning I (automatically) uploaded my run to Garmin Connect. It just picks it up and syncs once my watch is in range of my phone. That particular run then immediately synced with Strava, just not RA. Anything else we could be doing wrong?

Enda

Integration with GC is enabled. Does the run have to be uploaded to GC specifically using Garmin express ? I uploaded my run this morning from an xp machine running the previous ant importer (can't remember the correct name). I've also manually uploaded tcx files to Garmin later as a test. All go to endomondo & strava fine but not RA.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I can upload a gpx file. Auto upload not working. Glad to know it is just not me.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

eric :)

Before I report the problem to Garmin, let me add it additional logging data to make sure the problem is no on RA's end, especially getting help from Garmin is unresponsive at best.

Is it working for anyone?