Automatic import from Garmin Connect Integration not working (Read 1101 times)

DukeDB

It's working for me now.   Uploaded the one run I've done since I deleted the multiple RA connections in GC and rebooted here.  Thanks very much.

areesemd

I wonder if it just takes some time to run through the pipes.  I enabled RA/GC on Sunday, but none of my 4 runs showed up until just now.  Thanks for all the great work!  Nice to have one less step in logging my workouts.

I just got this message as a private message (below).

Order of what I did:

-Saturday - established connection from RA to GC. Confirmed both showed as active.

-Saturday - uploaded a ride to GC. Nothing in RA.

-Monday - deleted connection in RA and GC. Waited an hour. Established it again. Added a manual test run in GC, nothing in RA.

-Today get this message. I haven't uploaded anything since Saturday so I don't know what it's talking about.

Data import failure - do not reply

Send:6/17/2015 21:23
        To:run_for_sanity

This message is auto generated. If you need assistance, please contact me using the feedback form.

An unknown error has occurred while importing your data file.

Maniac

1. Log into your GC account

2. Click on the head icon on the left, click on the Settings options on the slide out.

3. Click on Account Information

4. At the bottom of the page, do you see RunningAHEAD as one of the applications?

You should only see it one time.

Thanks!!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

This morning, I had the red alert, and my run from 6/16 showed up as an imported workout. My runs from 6/14, 6/15, 6/17 and today (6/18) are not in the Imported workouts list. The run from 6/16 was no different than any of the others...loaded to GC via my phone, showed up on Strava immediately, etc.

Dreamn

I have 31 alerts! Thanks EricSmile ! Smile

And all of mine showed up too. Thank you!

DennisF6

My 4 workouts since Sunday showed up this morning too.

Thanks!

runmichigan

This morning I had the workouts from the last 30 days pushed from GC to RA.  Since I already had all these workouts in RA, I went ahead and deleted instead of saving them on the RA side.  The integration was already working for me, so I am assuming Eric made some type of change or bug fix that causes all the workouts to be resent.

not lazy, just tired

I had 28 show up this morning. I deleted them, since I'd already uploaded them. Off to run in a little bit, so here's hoping it'll show up in RA.

Not if it makes sense.

an amazing likeness

This morning I had the workouts from the last 30 days pushed from GC to RA.  Since I already had all these workouts in RA, I went ahead and deleted instead of saving them on the RA side.  The integration was already working for me, so I am assuming Eric made some type of change or bug fix that causes all the workouts to be resent.

No -- that's a Garmin Connect thing. GC is supposed to send over the last 30 GC activities when you setup the integration. When it actually does send them is seemingly random.

fwiw

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

I like to take credit for the workouts coming through but there was no code change.  There might be some queuing issue on Garmin's side.  I'm guessing if you haven't gotten any workouts yet, wait a bit more and they will come through.

eric Smile

eric :)

Hi run_for_sanity,

If the system cannot process the workout(s), it will send you that message.  The most likely cause is a corrupt FIT file.  Since FIT files are binary, there's probably not much it can be done.

eric Smile

noroll

I'm working now. Thanks!

Don't bother me, I'm thinking.

I set up the integration last night, so far I haven't received any of them, including this mornings run.  Will wait and see if I get some.