Automatic import from Garmin Connect Integration not working (Read 1101 times)

Bob Bob and Bob

Hey.

As per other folks, my runs do seem to eventually make it to my log here on RA.

However, the comments that I input after my run (using Garmin Fit and iPhone) never seems to arrive.

Anyone else have this issue?.

That at being said, I prefer updates without comments to having to transfer them manually on computer.

Great work. Thanks.

not lazy, just tired

How long does it take your runs to transfer over to RA after uploading to GC? I'm still waiting for yesterday morning's run to arrive at RA.

Not if it makes sense.

Dreamn

I seem to be on a 1 day delay.  So, after this morning's run, yesterday's workout uploaded to RA.  Also, if you put notes/comments in GC, it's not my experience that it will transfer to any site.  Only the workout and its data will transfer over.

FSBD

I uploaded my run at about 6 pm edt last night and it has still not shown up here yet.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Skippy1957

I have been waiting 3-4 days and still no workouts have moved over. So not sure what the timing ever will be.

Julia1971

It's instantaneous, for lack of a better word for me. I ran this morning, put my watch in the cradle, I hit refresh on my browser and I got the red download indicator on RA that I had a new workout. And, today it was just the one.

How long does it take your runs to transfer over to RA after uploading to GC? I'm still waiting for yesterday morning's run to arrive at RA.

onemile

It's instantaneous, for lack of a better word for me. I ran this morning, put my watch in the cradle, I hit refresh on my browser and I got the red download indicator on RA that I had a new workout. And, today it was just the one.

You shouldn't have to have your watch in the cradle. The info should be coming from Garmin Connect. I ran last night and my run hasn't shown up yet on RA.  Mine uploads to GC via wifi so I have not put my watch in the cradle.  The run is showing on GC and also on Final Surge (which syncs with GC immediately upon upload).

I guess that depends on the device, onemile? My Garmin 620 syncs to GC either directly via WiFi, the cradle connected to my computer running Garmin Express or the iOS app on my iPhone using Bluetooth.

Regardless of the sync method, I'm still waiting on a run from last night and one first thing this morning to appear in RA. Wish there was a way to "force" the transfer from GC.

Julia1971

What is this sync via Wifi you speak of? Looks like I have a project for the weekend.

Dreamn

LOL. That's biggest benefit of this integration for me.  No cradle ever.  Except to charge of course Smile.

What is this sync via Wifi you speak of? Looks like I have a project for the weekend.

onemile

I guess that depends on the device, onemile? My Garmin 620 syncs to GC either directly via WiFi, the cradle connected to my computer running Garmin Express or the iOS app on my iPhone using Bluetooth.

Regardless of the sync method, I'm still waiting on a run from last night and one first thing this morning to appear in RA. Wish there was a way to "force" the transfer from GC.

True - you do have to have a garmin that syncs via wi-fi. I am just wondering if Julia's is working since she has her Garmin plugged in.

Julia - I have the Garmin 620.  Depending on what model, you may not have syncing via Wi-fi.

Dreamn - exactly! Smile

bluerun

Super B****

True - you do have to have a garmin that syncs via wi-fi. I am just wondering if Julia's is working since she has her Garmin plugged in.

Julia - I have the Garmin 620.  Depending on what model, you may not have syncing via Wi-fi.

Dreamn - exactly! Smile

I have the 620, and I always sync by plugging in.  For the sake of experiment -- since it has been working for me -- I'll try uploading via WiFi next time and see what happens.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Just logged in to RA where there was 21 "new" workouts waiting to be saved. Looks like my data queue from GC has finally caught up.

not lazy, just tired

Yesterday morning's run showed up on RA this afternoon, so I guess it takes about 28 hrs before it's transferred over from GC (at least for me). I also had a couple of "data import failure" messages again.

Not if it makes sense.

rbm55

I'm also seeing about a 24 hour delay before the runs show up at Running Ahead.  Is this to be expected?

Ron