Automatic import from Garmin Connect Integration not working (Read 1101 times)

Dreamn

Same. Friday's run uploaded that evening, about 12 hours after it was in GC, but nothing since then.

Yesterday's, and, needless to say, this morning's runs haven't come across from Garmin Connect yet. Guess I'll wait a bit longer before I upload them manually.

not lazy, just tired

Well, runs from yesterday and this morning still hadn't transferred over, so I gave up waiting and uploaded them manually.

Not if it makes sense.

Still nothing coming over to RA from GC, so I thought I'd check back with Eric's instructions to see if that would fix things. Last week there was only one instance of RunningAHEAD on the GC applications list; today there are two. See screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujgy7w0n8g0wma6/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%209.29.21%20AM.png?dl=0

Furthermore, I'm unable to delete either of the instances from GC. Clicking the "Remove Permission" link has no effect. Anyone else having this issue?

FWIW, it does show I'm connected to GC under Tools | Applications. See screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt7mpam5ndugrt7/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%209.35.20%20AM.png?dl=0

I thought about this some more.  You should do the following:

1. Log into your GC account
        2. Click on the head icon on the left, click on the Settings options on the slide out.
        3. Click on Account Information
        4. Delete all instances of RunningAHEAD from the applications list
        5. Go to Tools -> Applications
        6. Click the Disconnect button to disable Garmin Connect integration
        7. Click the Connect button and set up integration again
        8. After it's completed, go back to the GC page and verify that you have only one instance of the RunningAHEAD app

While Garmin Connect allows you to register the integration multiple times, RA only allows one instance.  By deleting all but one copy of RunningAHEAD app from Garmin Connect, the chance of you having the correct one is small.  Therefore, you need to delete all instances and start over.

My first batch of runs uploaded properly (after some grief) but I uploaded some runs and rides on Saturday, nothing in RA except a few messages saying that there were errors. Runs and rides are in uploaded properly from Garmin Connect to Strava. This is a bit frustrating.

not lazy, just tired

I just have RA showing up once on the GC applications list. Still, nothing has transferred over for the last few days. I'm going back to uploading manually for now.

Not if it makes sense.

onemile

I just have RA showing up once on the GC applications list. Still, nothing has transferred over for the last few days. I'm going back to uploading manually for now.

Same here. Mine stopped working Friday.

DennisF6

Worked for me once, last Thursday.  Nothing since.  I have workouts in Garmin Connect that auto load to Strava within minutes every day.

Same here, Dennis.

Eric - any further info you can share? Seems like Thursday/Friday last week is a sticking point for many of us. Thanks in advance!

Skippy1957

I got this response back this morning from Garmin.

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

I’d be happy to assist you.  Garmin has partnered with the following third party fitness web sites to facilitate the synchronization of data from Garmin Connect.

Each site has a section to link their service with Garmin Connect. From whichever site you are visiting, select the option to link to your Garmin Connect account. You will be prompted to enter your Garmin Connect credentials. Once you have done this, you will be directed to Garmin Connect at which point the sync is complete.

* The sync with MyFitnessPal is managed through the Calories In/Out widget in Garmin Connect.

To remove permissions for all other sites:

1. Sign in to Garmin Connect
                    2. Select user icon
                    3. Select Settings
                    4. Select Account Information
                    5. Click “Remove Permission” under Applications

Currently MyFitnessPal is the only site that has a two-way sync of data. All of the other sites will sync with newly uploaded activities from Garmin Connect. Existing activities can be manually exported from Garmin Connect and then imported to the respective third party web site.

Unfortunately, Runningahead is not one of our official partners and it may not work properly.

eric :)

Hi Skippy1957,

Could you forward me the email to support@runningahead.com.  I am not happy with the Garmin interaction from the start.  The email just adds insult to injury.  I will be writing yet another email to Garmin with a WTF.

eric Smile

DukeDB

Mine is back on hiatus but I have the patience of a camel (for this, at least).  Keep up the good work Eric.

Would you believe my evening workout just transferred from GC to RA almost instantly? How bizarre!

kennethr

I got one workout to transfer a couple of days ago and nothing since.  I hope Garmin gets their stuff together.

eric :)

Hi all,

My additional debugging code has identified multiple problems.  I looked into one of them tonight, which was caused by an API documentation omission.  After fixing the problem, it revealed another problem, which I think is a problem with the FIT file format.  Debugging FIT files can take quite some time so I'll pick it up tomorrow.  Hopefully, the other problems I observed are the same as the file format problem.

If you receive a private message from the system telling you there was a problem when importing your data, please send the problematic file(s) to me via support@runningahead.com.  Thanks!

eric Smile

Enda

Eric,

would the issues you found explain why some (including myself) haven't gotten any files to come across or receive any error messages ?

Thanks,

Enda