Pretty pics from your run (Read 1292 times)

Yes!  Skyline trail to Wunderlich Park.

Is that in Huddert Park?  I ran my one and only 50K there ... Woodside Trail 50K.  Great running there.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Xx

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

LunarLuminance

Why pictures are not showing in my end 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The pictures are hosted on whatever service the user chooses. Some of those services don't function for everyone; I.e. they require a user account and login. Others make the pictures expire after some period of time. I have had good luck with this service: https://postimages.org/. No login required, and the images have continued to work on this forum for years.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

It was suggested to me that I post the below picture here because of the dramatic background.  That said, I don't see pictures here with runners in them, so if I'm breaching this thread's etiquette, I'll take it down.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The pictures are hosted on whatever service the user chooses. Some of those services don't function for everyone; I.e. they require a user account and login. Others make the pictures expire after some period of time. I have had good luck with this service: https://postimages.org/. No login required, and the images have continued to work on this forum for years.

Also, some people have ad blockers that also block certain sites such as Facebook with the result pictures posted/linked to Facebook won't show up on that user's screen.  It's not a perfect system.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Fredford - I think the reasons there are not photos with runners are that if you are taking someone else's picture, you should get permission to post it online and unless you have someone else with you or use a timer, the only pictures you can take would be selfies, which would not be good for showing you running. The race picture you shared must be a public photo from the race's site and does not transgress any etiquette I know of. Love the photo, such a look of happy determination on your face, the two guys behind you seem to be struggling a little, while the girl next to you seems tranced out to the music she is listening to on her earbuds. Nice cloudy sky, must have kept it cool during the race!

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
                Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fredford - I think the reasons there are not photos with runners are that if you are taking someone else's picture, you should get permission to post it online and unless you have someone else with you or use a timer, the only pictures you can take would be selfies, which would not be good for showing you running. The race picture you shared must be a public photo from the race's site and does not transgress any etiquette I know of. Love the photo, such a look of happy determination on your face, the two guys behind you seem to be struggling a little, while the girl next to you seems tranced out to the music she is listening to on her earbuds. Nice cloudy sky, must have kept it cool during the race!

Good point.  Part of most race terms & conditions is allowing your image to be posted publicly.  Yes, the clouds helped keep the temps down, but we could have done without the 15-20 mph winds that accompanied them.  Later in the race, when running on the boardwalk, we could look out over the ocean and see bands of rain falling from the clouds, but fortunately they stayed offshore until well after the race.

kcam

Grant Ranch County Park, San Jose

The seldom seen runnerdave67 post seven mile hobbyjog

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It was suggested to me that I post the below picture here because of the dramatic background.  That said, I don't see pictures here with runners in them, so if I'm breaching this thread's etiquette, I'll take it down.

I hope that you will repost this pic in this thread.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I hope that you will repost this pic in this thread.

But the photo is just mile 8 of 13.1, so it's far from a finish line face.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

But the photo is just mile 8 of 13.1, so it's far from a finish line face.

Oh, I see. Great face, though!

Maybe we need a "what does your running face look like" thread?

LedLincoln, thank you for finding the finish face thread.  An all-time favorite.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Maybe we need a "what does your running face look like" thread?

LedLincoln, thank you for finding the finish face thread.  An all-time favorite.

I think everyone's favorite picture is on this page.