2017 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 487 times)

And then maybe I'll take that fitness and do something productive with it for once besides flush it down the toilet on patriots day yet again.

That's the spirit!!

xhristopher

Strange behavior on this thread. I couldn't click from the list of topics and had to go into browser history to get into it...

Was a post deleted and causing the thread to hang up when rolling on to new pages? Will this happen again at the when it goes from 3 to 4?

I thought my post had destroyed the thread.

xhristopher

I work in Boston so , depending on my mood, I may be willing to answer any logistical questions about getting around town with the T, road closures, etc...

xhristopher

I thought my post had destroyed the thread.

I think it's gonna get hung every page like Joann's "Dogs Are A Person's Mom Is Acquisition Of A Good Of All" thread.

I think it's caused by an admin completely deleting a thread instead of censoring it. When deleted the post count probably get's screwed up.

Perhaps I should be a good citizen and report it.

Kalsarikännit

I work in Boston so , depending on my mood, I may be willing to answer any logistical questions about getting around town with the T,

Will the T be rolling out upholstery to match the insoles of New Balance's Boston shoes again this year?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xhristopher

Will the T be rolling out upholstery to match the insoles of New Balance's Boston shoes again this year?

The T can't do anything within a year's time so I doubt it. New Balance has released a Masshole edition of the 890 tho...

xhristopher

Out.

If it was the good ole days circa 2009, and I could wait until February to decide, I'd be a solid "probable." But I'm not signing up for a marathon while injured. I'm done with that bullshit.

They keep emailing me but I'm not clicking that link.

I'll hopefully still train for it since xhristopher will want someone to do 20 milers with around spot pond or up to harold parker when it's 20 degrees, snowing sideways, and the wind is howling. I sure as hell don't want to miss out on that fun. And then maybe I'll take that fitness and do something productive with it for once besides flush it down the toilet on patriots day yet again.

Enjoy all!

Sounds like a very wise move. Bucci is down for miserable winter runs too. I've decided you two should run the BAA 5K and James Joyce Ramble with some of that winter fitness.

FSBD

Just got my confirmation of acceptance email.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

I look my best blurry!

Thanks Julia!  I hope I get to meet you this time.

I'm in again.  I am coming back from round 2 with Lyme Disease and also have a nagging hamstring tendonitis, which I wish was gone post PRP injection but it's NOT.  But that's running.  I need a goal to keep up this craziness and this is it!  Let's go.

So glad you'll be there Bob!  Wasn't the same without you!  Sorry about the injury Mike.  I hope to see you Chris!  This will be my 7th year in Boston but as you know, missed the actually running part twice.  Was 2011 your first too?  I have forgotten.

So many 1st timers!  Woot!!!  I hope it is as magical for you as it was for me.  I run it every year to recapture that feeling!

I have stayed downtown the last 6 years but am considering a less expensive option.  Any suggestions?

bhearn

I'm in again.  I am coming back from round 2 with Lyme Disease and also have a nagging hamstring tendonitis, which I wish was gone post PRP injection but it's NOT.  But that's running.  I need a goal to keep up this craziness and this is it!  Let's go.

You have had the worst luck. How long since the PRP? Mine took about 9 months to completely resolve; I had PRP about 5 months in.

Looking forward to seeing you there! Good luck healing.

RunnerGoalTraining PlanWave/CorralNotes
                        bhearn         

12th Boston for me.

bhearn

This is OT for many here, but still a nice time capsule, showing what preparing for Boston looked like back in the day. I was on CoolRunning for the 2005 Boston Marathon. I just found the long BM thread there (all but the first page -- CR has long been defunct, but there are a few links like this that still work). Brings back memories. Any other CoolRunning old-timers here?

http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum14/HTML/001421-2.shtml

Me.  I was once a CoolRunner.  Now I just jog.  Stupid heel injuries!!  Maybe I am becoming a CoolCyclist instead?  LOL.  I thought the CoolRunning website was pretty awesome back in the day until they were assimilated by Active.

Any other CoolRunning old-timers here?

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

New skirt in town

I'm an old Cool Runner, too! In for my 12th Boston, but I have to get through Baystate in 4 weeks before even start thinking about that...

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

bhearn

I believe that makes us the senior veterans here, Robin.