First race ever... (Read 553 times)

3 years and 4 stress fractures later.....I started and finished my first race....without cracking myself up Big grin Thanks to the many members of RA who supported me with their sage training advice, encouraged me through cross training, and listened to my whining over the last few years....you know who you are Wink I'm not sure I would have kept at it this long if it weren't for you, and I am so glad I kept trying to make running work Smile RA is the best, and not just because of the great training log Smile Special thanks to Eric, for making this space happen Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Chenille--Congratulations on finishing the race. It sounds like a long and hard road that you conquered. Amazing and inspiring.

Chris
      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Talk about making someone's day! Cheryl, you just made mine!! AWESOME. Congratulations not only on your first race, but a great time. I read your log report- funny how you passed that guy! Best part is, though, no pain. Man, I can't even say how happy I am for you. You have persevered and shown the old adage holds true- where there' s a will there's certainly a way. WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Way to go!!! ((((CHERYL))))
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, girl! You're a racer, now! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Cheryl! You look great in the skirt! I think you're lying about your age, though - no way you're that old!!
            obiebyke

Whoa, and you started with a 12K! Very hardcore. Nice job!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

I am so happy that this first race went so well!!!!!!!!
                That says it all, WELL DONE! Keep up the great work.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Flat footer

Awesome job!!!

You'll ruin your knees!

saaaaaaaaweeeeeet! Told you so, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Congratulations - hoping for many more race reports from you! Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Congratulations!!! We knew you'd kick some serious race butt! Yes

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Congrats, Cheryl. Now on to the next one!

Tick tock

Thanks, peeps! Smile still on cloud 9 Big grin Teresa - that's sweet - let you in on my secret....strength training, it's made a huge difference Wink Joni!!!!! So glad I made your day - you made mine Smile Ummm, Lynn - you told me I would be able to keep other runners in sight.....there were a few sections when I felt I was all alone Roll eyes Big grin Luckily - the race was very well marked and there were people to direct the racers at every turn.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

Go Pre!

YOU WORE A SKIRT?!?!??!?! just kidding Smile great job.
                                YOU WORE A SKIRT?!?!??!?! just kidding Smile great job.
                                Big grin

Go With The Flow
                                Thyroid Support Group