Vibrams and bunions? (Read 1586 times)

Baby bean!

I was in a LRS the other day and saw the Vibrams.  They look bizarre.  But that afternoon, I saw a guy running in them and he looked so happy.  So I started thinking that maybe these could be something for down the road.  But I have some seriously deformed feet.  Bad bunions, hammer toes, you name it.  Are these shoes for perfect feet?

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

under a rock

I know there are some people that have bunions and wear VFF. I'd go try a pair on if I were you. They can be tough to figure out how to get on when you are not used to them. I would think that as long as you can get your feet in them they would be beneficial to someone with bunions.

+1

youll want to try them on regardless  because of the sizing chart they use. i wasnt able to do that when i got mine and they were a little tight around the pinky toe which was very annoying for a while until i broke them in.

cjbruin

Shouldn't be a problem.  They stretch and form around your feet and toes.  They're awesome by the way.

Queen of 3rd Place

I don't find them to be all that flexible, in fact to me they don't feel all that different from XC flats in terms of support. But you might like them, they're pricey enough that you'll want to try them yourself. Personally, so far I'm enjoying the  Feelmax Osma  - and they have a pretty forgiving toebox so your foot shape should not be an issue.

Ex runner

keeponrunning

I don't find them to be all that flexible, in fact to me they don't feel all that different from XC flats in terms of support. But you might like them, they're pricey enough that you'll want to try them yourself. Personally, so far I'm enjoying the  Feelmax Osma  - and they have a pretty forgiving toebox so your foot shape should not be an issue.

Are you aware if these are available in any stores?  I've looked at getting some minimalist shoes that aren't too outrageous and these look like they fit the bill.  Also, I've looked at Nike Frees, but they are a little more than I'd like to pay for minimalist shoes.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Queen of 3rd Place

As far as I know, the only place to get Feelmax in the US is at Extreme Outfitters. Yeah, it's a problem.

Ex runner