DO NOT UPDATE YOUR ENCRYPTED MAC TO 10.6.5 YET (Read 608 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

http://www.batangastoday.com/mac-10-6-5-update-crashes-pgp-enabled-macs/5745/

This is happening to me using my Apple-encryption.

xor

I guess I could look this up.

What is an encrypted mac?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A Macintosh with an encrypted hard drive.  Is this a trick question?

Mine is encrypted with FileVault, a utility that comes with new Macs.  The article is about a different encryption utility, but, well, I upgraded yesterday and have had 3 fatal crashes today.

Good thing you've got bad luck Trent, cuz if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have no luck at all.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hoodoo Guru

Meanwhile my trusty PC just chugs right along.

The tangents are moot.

theyapper

On the road again...

Chugs.  Good description.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Imminent Catastrophe

Mine is encrypted with FileVault, a utility that comes with new Macs.  The article is about a different encryption utility, but, well, I downgraded yesterday and have had 3 fatal crashes today.

FTFY

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016