Prom (Read 571 times)

What did your school have? A combination 11th and 12th grade Prom or Prom (12th graders only) My 11th grader's HS is having a combination 11th/12th grade Prom. Who does that?!?! My school had it's own SENIOR PROM. I think it takes away from some of the meaning by having them together. Tonight I'm taking my son to get his Tux and I'm still confused as to how this happening in 11th grade. Next year it won't be as special. Okay, maybe I'm thinking too much like a girl. Smile

Michelle

Lazy idiot

We had 11/12 prom, and I dated older girls as a freshman/sophomore, so I went 4 times. I'm not that much younger than you, Mrs. Sippy. Wink

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ours was 11th/12th grade, though I went in 10th because I was dating a senior. Yes

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ours was 11th/12th, but I never went because my parents were so strict (religion) that I couldn't dance! They did pay for my boyfriend and me to go to a dinner theater the night of the prom, but it wasn't quite the same. Boy, did I have fun when I got to college! Wink Blush

Mine had separate Junior and Senior proms. I went to my junior prom, realized it was a waste of money, and skipped the senior prom.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

The Greatest of All Time

Ours was 11+12, but not heavily attended by juniors for some reason. I graduated in January my senior year and was actually in Airborne school during my senior prom. I never regretted not being able to go.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                Mine was a junior/senior prom, but I went to a small Catholic HS. Had to have more students to pay for the rental of the...whereever it was. Blush My son's school is in it's second year of existence. The first year, there was a frosh and soph class. Now, there is a jr/soph/frosh class. There will be no prom this year(not enough students), but next year there wil lbe a junior/senior prom. I imagine this will be going on until they max out on students (3000+).
                Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
                  My high school had a senior prom (12th graders), which I did not attend. At least one member of a date party had to be in the 12th grade to attend. From what I remember the prom was a half a day event; the actual prom (dinner, dancing, and other prom-ish stuff) at a hotel and an after party hosted by the school. My senior year the big thing was the underage drinking crackdown. If you had MIP or PI, you could not participate in any school related events. I do not regret not attending as I have been to my share of memorable formals since then. Do they still have regular dances in high school? There were not any outside of prom when I was in high school. My jr. high was a different story. **************************************** Marcus71, RICO SAUVE! He's the Spanish Rick Roll.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My entire HS was less than 200 students, so grades 9-12 all did prom. I didn't even go freshman or senior years.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

rockintrax

Junior Ball and a Senior Prom - 2 different events in our high school. I never went to either (I'm a nerd).
                      Steph
                        Separate Junior and Senior proms. Went to both - hated both.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

rockintrax

Separate Junior and Senior proms. Went to both - hated both.
                          Well - that makes me feel so much better about not going to either. LOL
                          Steph

Former runner

We had the combined Jr & Sr prom. The tradition was that the Juniors were in charge of all the decorations. Or was it the other way around? I can't remember that far back. Confused

Ross

The prom is overrated.
                              PudgyRunner

Junior/Senior prom here too. The juniors always hosted it and did the work to put it together. All the seniors had to do was show up. Oh, and the seniors didn't buy tickets either.