2014 iWatch Thingy (Read 271 times)

xhristopher

I'm holding my breath for pricing/availability. My wife's birthday is next month.

Usually getting your spouse what you want doesn't work so well but I might get away with it this time.

I hope 299 or less. Unlikely.

bhearn

Next month is more unlikely.

bhearn

Did they do for the watch what they did for the phone? Still watching, but so far I'm gonna say hell yeah. Color me impressed.

did they announce the release date for the 6? I would imagine it's the 19th is IOS8 is coming out the 17th.

did they elaborate on how icloud security would stop hacks from occurring?  or did they just say "it works" and maybe throw in a we'll warn you better once you are actually hacked kind of Band-Aid?

xhristopher

did they elaborate on how icloud security would stop hacks from occurring?  or did they just say "it works" and maybe throw in a we'll warn you better once you are actually hacked kind of Band-Aid?

It was hard to hear with the Chinese voiceover going on but I'm pretty sure Tim Cook said they were no longer going to allow "1234" as an iphone password.

Serious!?!? No "1234"!?!?! Can I still take pictures of my junk and save it in the cloud?

It was hard to hear with the Chinese voiceover going on but I'm pretty sure Tim Cook said they were no longer going to allow "1234" as an iphone password.

xhristopher

Serious!?!? No "1234"!?!?! Can I still take pictures of my junk and save it in the cloud?

Now with the Apple watch!

bhearn

Early next year.

xhristopher

Early next year.

I'm kinda thankful for that.

Sadly I'm only 50/50 my Garmin is going to last until then and I'll be spending 350 on a different watch.

bhearn

Awesome as the Apple watch looks, I don't think it will replace a Garmin anyway.

runlikeagirI

Zero interest in the iWatch.  Has no GPS capability, it needs iPhone for that.  So you'd have to carry your phone with you on every run and have location services turned on for the iWatch to even start to resemble a Garmin.  No thanks.

MrH

Early next year.

I already have mine. And a custom screensaver too ...

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

an amazing likeness

Wow, since this new device is right there on your wrist, someone should develop an app that tells you the time at a glance...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xhristopher

the original apple watch