Garmin Forerunner 310xt (Read 1403 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

So has anyone gotten it yet? If so I need a review. I am very tempted at this point? Where is the best price? http://www.gadgetreview.com/2009/04/garmin-forerunner-310xt-waterproof-gps-is-a-triathletes-dream-watch.html
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Nobody has this yet. Come on with all of the gadget people and nobody has this? I need info.
        2011 Goals:
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They are not shipping yet. May. I saw one today at the CMM expo. It is far bulkier than I expected.

an amazing likeness

May 17th will the be third anniversary of my first Forerunner x05 (RIP old chap...miss you, but I've carried on with new FR and new new FR since your time ended too soon...). I'm waiting to May 17 to acquire a FR310, if they are available. Don't think they are in general availability yet.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw one today at the CMM expo. It is far bulkier than I expected.
            Moreso than the 205/305? Last night DH was online looking at a new bike computer...something with a HRM. Goldurnit, I can't talk him into my 305...so that I can upgrade. Bummer.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

Water proof to 50 meters? They do underwater triathalons now?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Water proof to 50 meters? They do underwater triathalons now?
                I wondered about that too. What do you suppose the elevation profile would like with a few dives like that? Confused

~ Sarah Kay

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I'm confused. Looks like you can buy it here http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/GAR116/ and here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024ZXMPE/ref=s9_subs_gw_s2_p200_t2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1F8D13FAR8YBS1P5KE74&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
                    2011 Goals:
                  RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Trent: I hope I get to see it at the expo. It sounds like it is bigger then I was expecting. Bummer if true. I still might get it but would be willing to wait for it to get cheaper then. I like the idea of swimming with it and being able to clip it on the bike real quick. I would also like to read some reviews on it before buying it. I am so tempted right now because my current watch has an issue with the scroll up button so I think his time is coming to a close.
                      2011 Goals:

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

http://lastyearsmodel.org/ Big grin
                        My 'puter is 4 years old. I have a Mac Mini, instead of an iMac, that way when one part dies (as my crappy CRT did just before Christmas) I can replace just that part. I can also have a 22" monitor with awesome specs for a lot less than the equivalent Apple version.

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I saw one today at the CMM expo. It is far bulkier than I expected.
                          Saw them in Boston. I think they're identical to the old models as far as size/form factor.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

It looked like it was shaped just a little bit differently than the 305, but Trent is correct that it is about the same size. They said at the Expo that it would be available next month for $350.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

As sexy as they are, unless you need the water-proof action, this seems like a great time to get a deal on a 305.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As sexy as they are...
                                Some might find a pair of Manolo Blahniks sexy. Others a shiny Lamborghini MurciƩlago LP670-4 SV SuperVeloce. Not Globule, oh no.... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay