Mississippi's Lehigh Valley Marathon Report (Read 946 times)

I'm telling ya Michele, take a really cold/ ice bath tonight ... you will feel A LOT better!! Hope you're feeling better soon (((()))) How are the hydration levels??
    Thank you! I'm feeling a little better this morning. I think that poor hydration was a huge factor, I could tell I wasn't hydrated properly. Today I'll still be moving slow, but that's not so bad. By tomorrow I think I'll be doing fine.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah Baby!!! Good job! What is next?
        Congrats to all, great job everybody!

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

btb1490

What an awesome debut marathon that was, made even better so by having your friends with you! No matter how many marathons you do, every one is a learning experience, but it sounds like you ran this one like a veteran. That was adorable about the older woman joining you at the end. Little details like that make a race special and memorable. At Steamtown, I remember looking at some of the old houses along the route as we ran by, and seeing elderly people peering out the windows, cheering and waving, even though most passing runners would neither see nor hear them, yet they were cheering anyway. Keep drinking a lot the next few day, and go easy on yourself. Take some nice easy walks, maybe get a massage if you can in a couple of days once the soreness subsides. Congratulations on your AG placing. I can't wait to see what you do in your next one!
            What an awesome debut marathon that was, made even better so by having your friends with you! No matter how many marathons you do, every one is a learning experience, but it sounds like you ran this one like a veteran. That was adorable about the older woman joining you at the end. Little details like that make a race special and memorable. At Steamtown, I remember looking at some of the old houses along the route as we ran by, and seeing elderly people peering out the windows, cheering and waving, even though most passing runners would neither see nor hear them, yet they were cheering anyway. Keep drinking a lot the next few day, and go easy on yourself. Take some nice easy walks, maybe get a massage if you can in a couple of days once the soreness subsides. Congratulations on your AG placing. I can't wait to see what you do in your next one!
            Thank you! Next one? What? It'll be a while, if ever. I've got other goals to focus on now, MUCH shorter distance goals (my 5K time and to do a 10K). I just love the atmosphere of all races. I try to take notice to all that is going on around me, it truly adds to the memory. Even something as silly as when running by the park a woman's big fluffy dog managed to pull out it's harness, and she cursed and took off running after it. It made me smile because the look on the dog's face was screaming "FREEEEEEDOM!!! YAY!!". Some children had made signs for their dad and it was great watching the kids waving the signs, jumping up and down, cheering their dad on. There was one volunteer that was a little too perky for my liking. She must have just been 16 or so, as runners went by she was cheering things like "Come on runners, turn that frown upside down"....Cute, I suppose. Smile Still, it made me smile. Watching runners cross the finish line was a highlight of the day too. Because now I know and can relate to what they were feeling. And clapping for them was sincere, since I now know just how difficult running a marathon is.

Michelle

What an awesome debut marathon that was, made even better so by having your friends with you!
              I wouldn't and couldn't have done it without them! Smile

Michelle

Yeah Baby!!! Good job! What is next?
                Thanks! NOT a marathon. Tongue

Michelle

va

Michelle, Congrats on completing you first marathon and placing Shocked, that is awesome!!!
                    Michelle, Congrats on completing you first marathon and placing Shocked, that is awesome!!!
                    Thank you! Today I am in lots and lots of pain, but it was worth it. Just don't ask me that while I'm going down steps. That is when it hurts the most, and I look really really funny. Big grin

Michelle

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congratulations Michelle! You did awesome! Did you take an ice bath afterwards? That really helps you cut down on the inflamation and soreness the week or so after the race. I feel like I have a fever afterwards too, and I think that's due to dehydration. Drink lots of chicken soup or whatever liquids you can down and you'll feel better in no time. Oh, walk down the stairs backwards. It's much less painful! There were times when my quads were literally sore to the gentlest of touches, but that was my badge of honor and I would trade that for anything in the world. Awesome trophies too! What a great achievement for your FIRST marathon! Congratulations!

The voice of mile 18

awesome job everyone on a particularily warm day. sweet! when's the next one?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

mikeymike

Congrats Michelle. First marathon is special.

Runners run

muse_runner

keep running.

Hey girls, I wrote you this elsewhere Wink but I just wanted to reiterate, great job and I am so taken by your friendship. I think it's amazing to have this. Thanks for letting us all be a part of your first marathon experience. You did well and without those pains I know you'll do amazing if you want to do another marathon. Pam you're a great friend to M and I am just so proud of both of you! hugs! Jen
                            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

You'll ruin your knees!

Michelle, the pain will soon be forgotten and another goal race will begin to occupy your thoughts for the future! Congrats on the AG placement! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Slow-smooth-fast

fantastic, what training plan have you been following for the marathon? Becasue it is one of the things I want to do.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009