Motivation (Read 668 times)

Insert witty title here

I hesitate to post this because I don't want to sound like I'm bragging at all. I've been running less than 2 months and there are plenty of people here on RA who have motivated me to stick with it and giving me great advice. What I never expected was that I could be motivating someone else when I'm still a newbie. I wanted to share the email I got today from a friend of mine to show that you just might inspire someone without ever trying or even knowing it. "I have been reading some of your blogs here and there. I do hope to have the same motivation that you have had in about 3 weeks. I am so ready to be able to get back in shape after being prego and having limitations for so long,lol! I need some toning something fierce and decided to start back running as soon as i get the okay. You inspire me!! Hope all is well with you. Take care!!" I have plenty of friends who think I'm crazy (which of course I am) and I've told them several reasons why I run, but now I guess I have 1 more!

ThomasRuns Blog
    Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

That's awesome! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Awesome for you for helping another!
          That's very cool. I'll be checking out your blog from here on out. I too started running two months ago and started a blog about it, so I'm going to be comparing notes. Already I can see that I'm older and slower. Smile

Maggie & Molly

that's not bragging, that's sharing. Way to go!!!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Out of the blue? Receiving that would be so inspiring! Looks like the motivation/inspiration points both ways. Sleepy

Insert witty title here

Looks like the motivation/inspiration points both ways.
                Absolutely!

ThomasRuns Blog
                Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

It is very difficult for a newbe to relate to a veteran runner. It seems as though that person has been running forever. They have forgotten the struggle of beginning. At least it appears this way. It is easier to look up to and relate to sombody just slightly more advanced than yourself than sombody much farther along.
                  TJoseph

It is very difficult for a newbe to relate to a veteran runner. It seems as though that person has been running forever. They have forgotten the struggle of beginning. At least it appears this way. It is easier to look up to and relate to sombody just slightly more advanced than yourself than sombody much farther along.
                    More of the veteran runners than you think have taken time off of running and had to rebuild their fitness. Lots of things get in the way of running. Injuries, work, life. They may have gone through the struggle more than once and remember it well...
                      More of the veteran runners than you think have taken time off of running and had to rebuild their fitness. Lots of things get in the way of running. Injuries, work, life. They may have gone through the struggle more than once and remember it well...
                      You make a very good point. I am talking more about perception though not necessarily about facts.