How to count laps? (Read 966 times)

JuanCG

Hi.

I'm new on this website. I have created one of my courses that I usually do when I go out for running. Tomorrow I'm going to do a circular course, it starts and finish in the same point because I run for laps.

How I need to enter the data after the training if I am doing laps into a circuit?  I select the course from the list and then, what i need to do? intervals?

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my english if you find errors, I'm from Spain.

an amazing likeness

Hola Juan,

Su Inglés es muy clara.

When you are entering a new run entry into the log, near the bottom of the page is a data section called Interval Data.

In this Interval Data section, enter the time and distance for each lap, then click the save icon (looks like a little floppy disk).  The log will then let you add another lap (interval).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

floppy disk

what in the world is that?

JuanCG

Hola Juan,

Su Inglés es muy clara.

When you are entering a new run entry into the log, near the bottom of the page is a data section called Interval Data.

In this Interval Data section, enter the time and distance for each lap, then click the save icon (looks like a little floppy disk).  The log will then let you add another lap (interval).

Thanks for your response.

I'm going to try it tomorrow, I suposse that it is not necesary to enter the time, only with the distance it's enought.

It is, if the longitude of the circuit is 1.3Km and I enter 10 intervals of 1.3Km each, the log will put 13Km of workout, true?

an amazing likeness

I enter 10 intervals of 1.3Km each, the log will put 13Km of workout, true?

That is correct.  Check the option "Auto sum:  Intervals" and the log will add all your intervals to a total distance.

JuanCG

That is correct.  Check the option "Auto sum:  Intervals" and the log will add all your intervals to a total distance.

Thanks !!

This is really amazing, I have discovered this page today, I have questions about something and I obtain great and useful responses in the same day. Congratulations for the web and for the Comunity support.

So again, Thanks !!

JuanCG

Hi.

I have done the workout but it doesn't put 13Km. I have put 10 intervals of 1,3Km ant mark ''autosum intervals'' but in the total distance it appears ''1.3Km''.

What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks !!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Your log is not public, so I think none of us can look at it to try to spot what is wrong, I'm afraid.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I think you need to delete the entry in the distance summary field, then click Auto Sum and it'll re-populate that field with the total.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

I agree with CliveFenster's reply.  Enter only the time and let the interval entries auto fill your running time and distance:

sample of interval entry

JuanCG

Now I have the data correctly updated.

Thanks!!!!  Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Very nice explanatory graphic, MT

an amazing likeness

Very nice explanatory graphic, MT

I think the high quality arrows take it to the next level and really say "professional quality work".

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think the high quality arrows take it to the next level and really say "professional quality work".

Along with the red chamber outlines, they come from some heart circulation diagram from some anatomy page, right?

MrH

I know how to get the interval and distance calculations to work. But I can't get the red lines to appear. Confused

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.