Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

A Saucy Wench

Shit...is THAT what I have to do to get an RX-8?  Gah, that sucks. Tongue

Apparently it doesnt with 7 runners standing around the car.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I stepped on a live rat.

Heel, midfoot or forefoot strike?

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Timing!

I wanted to revive this thread because yesterday, while running in downtown San Antonio, I saw a bright orange Koi (fish) in the middle of the street. It was dead. I could only imagine what sort of scenario played out to have him lying there. Poor bastard.

Former runner

I found a Chuck E Cheese's game token recently. Sweet!

Ross

This was years ago, and it's not a good story. but during an early morning run I was came upon a man laying on the ground, not a very healthy color about him either. Apparently, he was out running and had a heart attack. I also wasn't the first person to spot him because within a few seconds I saw an ambulance coming down the street.

I waited a bit and after the paramedics told me to clear the area so they could work, I resumed my run. Afterwards, I thought I should have stayed, but there was nothing I could do, and the professionals were there.

I couldn't get the image of that man just laying there on the ground out of my mind for a few days. 

Heel, midfoot or forefoot strike?

Heel

They were in some grass/field clippings that I was running through.

Vim

I just returned from a run and I saw what looked to be a dead squirrel.  That's not that remarkable with the busy streets here.

What was strange was that there was another squirrel keeping vigil over the other one.  Poignant in a way.

Poignant, until I started singing "God rest ye furry gentleman" in my head.

A full bag of cocaine.  I have no idea as to the street value, but it was definetely cocaine, and a decent amount of it. 

I can only assume it was ditched by someone being chased by the cops.  It was literally right on the side of the road.  It was very early in the morning so I can't believe I saw it, but it probably wasn't there for too long.  Coke heads are usually up late, so it was probably only there for a few hours I'm guessing.

A five point elk rack on my woods trail.  I lugged it home, but DH doesn't want it on the mantle with the brass candlesticks. Woods Lady
                      three what seemed like baby turtles crossing the road. many dead animals though too =/ including a dog

Melicious

This is gross, but I saw a used tampon after my 4 mile race yesterday. blech...
                        My feeling is that any day I am too busy to run is a day that I am too busy. --John Bryant
                          This morning I saw tons of big (>frisbee sized) ugly turtles crawling around in the park I always run in.  I think they had all crawled out of the lake to lay eggs.  I hope they're OK --- it's a pretty urban area, but it has been for 100 years, so I guess they have adapted.

I finally have something worth posting on this thread.....

I was 1/2 mi into my run today (wondering how long my bum ankle was gonna take to warm up this time) when up ahead I saw what looked like a Bull Mastiff crossing the path.  I thought, oh crap there's a big ass dog on the loose and all I have to defend myself is a driver's license.  As I got to the spot in the trail where the "dog" had crossed, I slowed down to a walk/jog/shuffle kinda thing and saw a mountain lion staring at me!  It was in the bushes no more than 10 feet away.  Now, I have always been a large dog kinda guy so I know how to establish myself as alpha in that situation, but about the only thing I figured I could establish myself as for a mountain lion would be fine cuban cuisine, so I kept shuffling along hoping it had already eaten lunch.  I spent the rest of that portion of the run looking over my shoulder and feeling generally uneasy.  Of course, I was running an out and back, so all the way back I kept peering into the bushes, but thankfully I never saw it again.  The good news is that I was so worried about the mountain lion that I forgot about my ankle and was able to run 3.5 mi which is a new high for me since I got injured.  Even though I'm happy about that, I don't think I want to use this as a regular training technique!

Get Lost :)

I saw a tortoise!

OK, actually I saw a cute girl, and then I saw that the cute girl was staring at the tortoise, who was staring at the street.

I finally have something worth posting on this thread.....

saw a mountain lion staring at me!  It was in the bushes no more than 10 feet away. 

Lucky duck!     I am jealous.  Very jealous. 

- Anya