Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

I saw a crayfish on the street today. Depending on where you live, this might not be  very weird to see, but I found it odd that it was on a residential street where there are no nearby streams or lakes.
    2010 Goals: Run 1500 miles Sub 22 minute 5K Sub 37 minute 8K Sub 1:45 HM Complete a marathon
      I saw a bowl on the road today (a pot smoking bowl obviously). It was pretty nice. Thought about grabbing it, but I get piss-tested in 6 days, so better to not have the temptation

A moose leg.

Wasatch relay this last Friday, about 7pm, leg #6.    Yeah, a moose leg. 

spinach

A moose leg.

Wasatch relay this last Friday, about 7pm, leg #6.    Yeah, a moose leg. 

What?  leg #6?  Here in Minnesota the moose only have four legs.  What type of moose do they have out in Utah?

Well, when you're in a race, you don't have time to stop and correctly determine what species of Moose the leg came from (the 4 or 8-legged variety, that is).

#artbydmcbride

I saw a bunny rabbit in the parking lot of the marina on the way to Seal Beach.  This was very weird!!

Runners run

xor

What?  leg #6?  Here in Minnesota the moose only have four legs.  What type of moose do they have out in Utah?

So close.  Soooo close.  If Dr Econo had only been on leg #5, the answer to this question could have been "very well endowed" meese.

Oh well.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So close.  Soooo close.  If Dr Econo had only been on leg #5, the answer to this question could have been "very well endowed" meese.

Oh well.

*rimshot*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mariposai

Dr. Econo was oxygen deprived...so we need to give her a brake.

Weirdest thing? a pile of 7 dead deer left by  "West costies" hunters...arhhhhhhhh.... I could have fed a whole village with the meat.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

a.wesolowski

Christmas lights this morning..on the ground.. in mid-July.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Christmas lights this morning..on the ground.. in mid-July.

It's like Christmas in July! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Yesterday I saw Thomas the Tank Engine.  That's right.  I'm running on the canal towpath down the PA side of the Delaware river when I heard the whistle on the Jersey side.  I looked over and there was Thomas.  Thomas has been in town the last couple of weekends at the rail museum.  They have train rides and a bunch of other stuff for the kids.  I bet they made a bunch of money because all of the rides were sold out in advance.

Not at it at all. 

Get Lost :)

I saw a bunny rabbit in the parking lot of the marina on the way to Seal Beach.  This was very weird!!

I have seen rabbits on three runs in Boston. One ran with me for a little while at night! I find it amusing that really the only notable animals I've seen on my runs have been a tortoise and these rabbits. 

I saw a Rollerblade. A single Rollerblade. Was there on two runs several days apart. Didn't look in trees to see if owner had been struck and thrown.
                                Well, it wasn't on the ground, but yesterday I saw something explode atop a telephone pole.  There was no transformer, so my guess is that it was a squirrel.  Anyway, just after I ran by, I heard ssssssszzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZPOP!  I turned around to see a shower of sparks coming down and a plume of smoke coming from the pole.  On the way back, there was a black charred area on the pole, but no hint as to the culprit/victim.

-------------------------------------
                                5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                                10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                                1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                                Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07