German Fernandez (Read 553 times)

Breaks the 2 mile High School National Record held by Gerry Lindgren yesterday! He ran it in 8:34.4, breaking the previous record of 8:36.0 pretty crazy stuff.
    dfffff

He's a baller.
        He actually broke it a few weeks ago. In the same day he ran a 4:00.27 mile and beat Ryan Hall's California high school state record. In the 3200 he was only 2 seconds off of Gaylon Rupp's 3000 meter high school record. You can find the races on websites out there. He was also faster then Dathan Ritzenhien's times from high school. He is ion good company with history right now. Hope he continues to deveelop properly. He was truly amazing running some damn near perfect splits throughout hisa races. The kid is phenom, I just hope Oklahoma State does not ruin him. I would have chosen either Texas or Colorado out of the Big 12 schools. Any how the kids is amazing. The Turtle

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Mishka-old log

He actually broke it a few weeks ago. In the same day he ran a 4:00.27 mile and beat Ryan Hall's California high school state record.
          That day Fernandez ran 8:34.23 for a 3200 meter run, which is ~18 meters short of a full 2-mile. That performance converts to 8:37.2, so Fernandez didn't get the record until yesterday. Amazing run though. Not in ideal conditions as there was a good amount of wind to contend with. Another huge bright spot for US distance running!
          dfffff

He didn't break it a few weeks ago. He broke it yesterday.
            vengeancewins

He broke Jeff Nelson's record. And he also got the national 3000m record at 7:59 en route. That broke Galen Rupp's record from a few years ago.
                May 31 was the day. It was at the California state meet when he performed his first attempt at the double wins. Yesterdays races were the nationals when he accomplished greatness once again. I will post this link with his California state meet results. He nailed a 4:00.29 final in the mile and an 8:34.23 in the 3200 where he was just seconds off of Gaylen Rupp's 3000 meter record in that particular race. He must have surpassed that yesterday. We are both correct but talking different points. I suppose beating Dathan Ritzenhein's 3200 meter record from several years ago. My apologies. I will never be exact without solid info. The Turtle http://www.dyestatcal.com/ATHLETICS/TRACK/2008/stateres.htm

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett