Motionbased - Nothing lasts forever (Read 422 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, I had figured my old activities archived on Motionbased were safe.  I thought wrong.  Stupid.

Page not showing up correctly? Click here.
    garmin.com
    Garmin Connect is the place they need to be.

As we continue with our development efforts at Garmin Connect, it's finally time to close the doors at MotionBased.com . All but less than one percent of the activities originally uploaded there have been migrated to Garmin Connect. We regret that some remaining activities stored at MotionBased cannot be migrated at this time, and you're one of a few users who have activities still housed at MotionBased. If any of those activities are epic rides or memorable races you want to save, we've determined an easy way for you to retrieve and store them at Garmin Connect.

Just follow the steps on our FAQ page for any activities you wish to save. Please note, the MotionBased site will officially close on January 3, 2011, so please check out your remaining activities soon.

We appreciate your faith in our products and your support of Garmin Connect. More site enhancements are in store, and we're excited to continue making the user experience better at every turn.

mikeymike

If Garmin removes the cyber traces of our activities from their servers, it means they never happened, right?  This is serious.

Runners run

Hawt and sexy

I'm touching your pants.

joescott

Trent,

Almost everything folks had on Motion Based should have come over to Garmin Connect already.  This message just means you have *some* activities that did not transfer.  In fact, on the whole across all users the number of activities that did not automatically transfer was less than 1%.  So I would recommend you look over your Garmin Connect account to see if you have anything really important to you that did not transfer.  If you check and find, for example, that your marathon PR did not transfer from Motion Based then you can try the steps on the FAQ to try to transfer that data.

Joe

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

an amazing likeness

What they aren't doing to help us is telling us which activities didn't make it from MB to Connect.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.