Race a Month Challenge April (Read 682 times)

pokey52

Didn't see any other reports for April. Just in case were still going here's my latest. 04/06/2008 Fall River, Ma. Officer Giunta 5K 5K 28:00* Has to be an unofficial time this month. Seems like Spitler Race Systems lost a couple of us at the finish line! My goal as usual is to finish healthy and have a good time. For those of you in the area that have never made it to the start of this race it has to have one of the best post race party's of any race in the area. Give it a try next year, you won't be sorry.
      4/1 Lowell, MA Good Times 5K Spring Series Opening Night 19:54 (PR) Went out way too fast, but backed off in time to break 20:00 for the first time.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Way to go, Dawg! broke that 20minute barrier. And that's too bad about your chip, pokey, but a great run anyways! Here's mine: 4/6/2008 - 7:50 AM - Washington, DC Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 1:09:34 My first race at this distance, so a PR, and right in line with my goal.

sean

jeffdonahue

4/6/08 Micheal Dunleavy 5k Winchester, MA Official time - 20:16.7 Didnt break twenty minutes but I did drop 38 seconds off my 5K PR. Given the hill in mile three I am hopeful to break the 20 minute barrier at a flatter course later this month.
            4/6 Haverford, PA Kevin Cain Make My Day 5K 20:08. Like Jeff I didn't break that 20 min mark, but got close and set a PR. Grats Dawg. Really, I was pleased with this time as the course contain two difficult hills. I think I could probably go sub 20 on a flater course. However, I'm putting all my focus on my Marathon (Grandma's) training and will not run another 5K till july. I'll meet the race a month challenge for May with the Broad Street 10 miler.

#artbydmcbride

4/5 Seal Beach 10K I ran it embedded in a long run. Smile

Runners run

My goal as usual is to finish healthy and have a good time. For those of you in the area that have never made it to the start of this race it has to have one of the best post race party's of any race in the area. Give it a try next year, you won't be sorry.
                Having a good time and finishing healthy are EXCELLENT goals. Smile I know I won't remember next Spring, if you would be so kind as to post a reminder in the Racing forum I'd greatly appreciate it Pokey. I likes me a good post race party. MTA: Jeff, come to the Dark Side, run in Lowell. Smile

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Lisa3.1

Start hijack Is that Your cat that's a Cute cat picture End of hjack.

#artbydmcbride

It isn't my cat. I think its a professional yoga cat. Big grin

Runners run

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Sickle Celll 7k predicted 37:24 . Did it in 36:06. Dizzled for the first mile. Last 2.3 miles are mostly up hill. Finish line at the top of hill. Inching closer to that 8:00 pace. Hope to be there for my next race May.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

go grammy

04/06/2008 Fall River, Ma. Officer Giunta 5K 5K Time 28:22 Love this race it's my third time running this one and hope to do it again next year. Anyone in the area should give this one a try.

Bugs

Wow lots of PRs this month. Big big congrats to BadDawg, anthero, jeffdonahue and dnice. After my hospital visit I ready to bail on my monthly race goal. Then a friend informed of a local race on Saturday and I'm signed up. Pretty sure it won't be a PR but I'll try to beat my last 5K time.

Bugs

Bugs

Got April Done. 5K 24:48. My goal was under 25:00, pretty good considering a ran without a watch.

Bugs

i did 2 this weekend: saturday - 4.8km road race, one huge hill, otherwise flat. 21.45 sunday - 21.7km off road race, flat but conditions underfoot very poor. 1.54.03 so thats april done Smile

Bugs

i did 2 this weekend: saturday - 4.8km road race, one huge hill, otherwise flat. 21.45 sunday - 21.7km off road race, flat but conditions underfoot very poor. 1.54.03 so thats april done Smile
                                Wow Mandy, two back to back. Good work!

Bugs