Maine man ushers in 2009 by running Boston Marathon course (Read 870 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

(I wrote that just to balance perfesser's macaque crack elsewhere)
    Hey, I resemble that. I DO NOT have a macaque crack.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

For those who haven't done MDI and are considering it: very fun race, well organized, I didn't think it was nearly as hard as the website makes it sound (website: "treat it like an ultra"... nah). The weather was really terrible the last time I ran it, though. 4 stars! Two thumbs up! 5 chili peppers!
      Thanks SR, marathonguide.com does have some widely varying opinions of the difficulty. I really like the sound of the race, and I need Connecticut, Maine and Vermont to complete my New England marathon circuit. I'm thinking Hartford next fall, and probably MDI for fall 2010 if I'm still in one piece. I'm looking forward to your very detailed report (with pics of course) Perfesser.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.