11 miles at 11:11 pace on 11/11 (Read 773 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bwahahahaha! Actually, it was 11.09 miles on my Garmin. Damn, I should have run just a few feet further. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

nkeliher

Running nut

Nice tribute Kirsten - did you run at 11am? When I lived in Canada we would wear poppies for Remembrance (Veteran's) Day - do people do that here or is it just in the Commonwealth counties?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice tribute Kirsten - did you run at 11am? When I lived in Canada we would wear poppies for Remembrance (Veteran's) Day - do people do that here or is it just in the Commonwealth counties?
        Nah, I couldn't get motivated until after lunch...I was waiting for the predicted sun to show--it's still completely overcast. As for the pace...I was shooting for anything between 11-11:30, it was just funny when I hooked my Garmin up to Motion Based and that's what it posted. I remember seeing the poppy pins when I was a kid, but I haven't really seen those in years. I had forgotten about those until you mentioned it, but my grandpa always had one pinned to his car visor.

~ Sarah Kay

*Deleted* my question was already answered Smile
            nice job, zoom-zoom! from a vet, thanks (not war-time but a vet nonetheless!) dari and those poppies? They still give them out - I got one Monday at our post office Smile

Nice work, but good luck in March. Wink
                Bwahahahaha! Actually, it was 11.09 miles on my Garmin. Damn, I should have run just a few feet further. Tongue
                Funny!! Big grin
                  If you missed it, you can try running 11.11 miles on 11/11/11 in three years. Personally, I'd rather run 11.11 miles in 1:11:11 than at 11:11 pace.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Personally, I'd rather run 11.11 miles in 1:11:11 than at 11:11 pace.
                    Wouldn't we all... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.