Run streak problem (Read 1474 times)

I ended up the year with 582 miles in my run streak total (as of December 31, 2010) . Now the run streak total in my log shows 398 days? I would love to go back in time as far as the ageing process is concerned, but would kind of like those running days back in my streak where they belong. Now if you can subtract minutes from my PRs....

Not a big deal and I imagine some rollover problem with the run streak algorithm?

Thanks for all you do with this great site!

I look my best blurry!

I ended up the year with 582 miles in my run streak total (as of December 31, 2010) . Now the run streak total in my log shows 398 days? I would love to go back in time as far as the ageing process is concerned, but would kind of like those running days back in my streak where they belong. Now if you can subtract minutes from my PRs....

Not a big deal and I imagine some rollover problem with the run streak algorithm?

Thanks for all you do with this great site!

Thank goodness it's a computer problem.  I thought you had to take a day off or something serious!  Happy New Year!

Yes wannaberunner, a day off or more would be a catastrophe! Wink

eric---I use Safari 5.0.3 and Mac OSX  

Thanks!

eric :)

CNYrunner,

In your description, you're using two different units 582 miles and 398 days (it's show 399 days now).  The streak widget does not tally miles (although now that I think about it, it should and I will add it).  What should the mileage/days be?

CNYrunner,

In your description, you're using two different units 582 miles and 398 days (it's show 399 days now).  The streak widget does not tally miles (although now that I think about it, it should and I will add it).  What should the mileage/days be?

Yikes! My bad, I meant 582 days in my original post. My running log displayed the consecutive days correctly up until December 31, 2010----it was 582 days then and then this morning it was 398. I went for a run and added today's effort so it's now 399 days, but should be 583 days. The mileage is correct, but the days are not.

Thanks again! and cool if the streak widget also has a  mileage tally.

A Saucy Wench

In your log in November 28 2009 it shows no runs....

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jpdeaux

I think if you set a run to private, the streak widget thinks you took a day off. Although, come to think of it, that is only from the perspective of another user, if your run is not viewable by all users. So maybe this is not helpful. But I had such an issue a couple of months back when I fiddled with the privacy check box.

Eric, from another thread, what's a greasemonkey?

Thanks Ennay! It's a good thing I am a quasi-luddite and still keep paper logs. I have 7 miles on that date in my log. Perhaps that's the problem, but I am still perplexed as to why it changed overnight and picked up a missing day or if it's off a day or who knows?

I fixed it and will keep the dual logs going since simpler is perhaps easier. The streak was more of an issue at the 365 mark since it was tied to a fundraising challenge. Now it's just a silly thing that doesn't much matter in the overall scheme of things. Trusty pencil by my side.

I still think something's not right with the streak widget. 

MrH

Eric, from another thread, what's a greasemonkey?

A greasemonkey is a script a user can install to customize how a browser presents data.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

A Saucy Wench

There does seem to be some sort of mileage tallying glitch going on this morning in the swamp YTD miles. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xhristopher

The streak widget does not tally miles (although now that I think about it, it should and I will add it).  

That would be a great feature. I did this manually yesterday.

eric :)

I still think something's not right with the streak widget. 

The only problem I aware of with the streak widget is it may take a long time to load if your streak is long.  I am working on a fix, which is turning out to be some elaborate change.

The widget literally counts your workouts day by day.  It reflects what you entered into the log.

What do you think is not right?  I need something to go on to find the problem.