Q's First Marathon Report - Grand Rapids 2008 (Read 960 times)

#artbydmcbride

I love this report!!! Smile Congratulations marathoner PowerofQ!!

Runners run

stunning. (i've got something in my eye).
      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
        MTA: I'll bet just about anything that someone runs a marathon because of your report.
        Um...never had any desire to run one...until all these awesome reports start popping up. Now I'm beginning to change my mind. If I do run one I'm putting the blame all on you, Q! Smile Congrats on a great race!
          Awesome report and an awesome job. Not too cool to make my eyes well at work though. Must have been the low afternoon sun.

Lazy idiot

Dude. I was fine until you talked about grasping for your dad's hand. And the rest of it, too. Damn you, Q. Congratulations!

Tick tock

missy1102

great report and a well run race. your emotion is tangible through the report.. i admit i got teary eyed. congratulations!
                Congratulations Q! Great race report.
                  Wow. Just wow. I am impressed on so many levels. Congratulations.

Former runner

Awesome report. Very inspirational.

Ross

theyapper

On the road again...

Wow.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Q, congrats on a great race! Big grin

Amy

Think Whirled Peas

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Really though, a LOT of the motivation to run this thing came from the folks on this sight. I just wanted to find some way to return the favor. And my wife doesn't give me that much beer allowance, so there you have it. Wink

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Prince of Fatness

I just wanted to find some way to return the favor.
                            You did and then some. Wow, from 3 bills and the smokes to finishing 26.2, and to have the family there to share it with you. That is something special, something that you'll remember forever. Thanks for sharing your story. Congratulations!

Not at it at all. 

jfa

Remarkable Q. I'm feeling the Power. One month till my moon shot and I'm sooo glad that I read this!!!

I just made my wife read your report ... she is bawling. Congrats and WTG! Once of the best reports I have ever read.

2012= under-goaled