Corrals in upcoming large races (Read 95 times)

reggie888

Hi,   I've been training for a Rock n Roll  half coming up in a few weeks.  I've run this several times in the past.  I can remember that although I very seldom get sick with a bronchial issue, whenever I do it is usually several days after one these races... probably because racers are crammed into corrals like sardines for a long time before running. 

I'm a senior runner, competitve in my age group, and I'm going to run this, but wonder if it is almost inevitable that most participants will catch Covid from it because of the elbow to elbow cramming in corrals.  Any thoughts?

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Large races with runners packed into corrals have been happening for a long time now, including some before the advent of vaccines (Lousiana in the spring of 2021, LA marathon in the spring of 2020).  Several major races happened this past fall, including Boston and Chicago.

I have yet to hear of a race with packed corrals resulting in a super spreader event.

As always, it's up to you as to what you feel comfortable with, and whether or not you want to do the race.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's tough to predict. Omicron is far more contagious than the Delta that was prominent when most big Fall races took place. BUT #s seem to be rapidly falling, in most states. If it were me, I'd probably wear a good mask (N95, KN95, KF94) at least until the field spread-out in the first mile or so.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Justintoodo

I right now bookmarked these affiliations in light of confirmation for sharing it. Great perform! This was actually a fascinating theme

Wondershare Recoverit Coupon code Wondershare Filmora Coupons Autodesk Maya Promo code WonderShare DemoCreator Discount code AutoCAD LT Promo Code