Front Runner's New York Gay and Lesbian Pride Run (Read 1007 times)

On this warm and humid morning, I particpated in this 5 mile race in Central Park. I got the healdcold from hell from my boss this month, so I was hoping to start to get back into daily running. It was hard today with the hear but at least the crowds were down somewhat. The Race started at 102nd Street transverse, over to thewest side down to the bottom of the park, across and up the east side drive to the start. My foot was bothering me, so perhaps I need 1 size wider. Other than "cat hill" I felt good most of the way. Finished in 48:08 chip time (By the way, they were experimenting with a new type of chip, a plastic "D" chip which can be disposed of alter the race). Front Runners had a cheer leader team called "New York Cheer" mostly men but two women who shook pom-poms and formed pyrimids and other things. At the award ceremonies, it was kind of fun to see the members of Front Runners New York skip up to get their awards--instead of high fives they got hugs and kisses! Boring Statistics section: 148th race lifetime, 5th race this year, 17th race at 5 mile distance, time-wise I am behind all those races I did in my 40's.
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
    PWL

Has been

Nice job! I've always thought a Central Park race would be fun.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Congratulations! I volunteered at this race and it was pretty hot and humid just standing around in shade, so I imagine it was a pretty tough run and I heard that the ice-pops ran out, so I hope you didn't miss out on those. The chips were interesting - we got a lot of questions from runners - nobody seemed to quite believe they were disposable. I wonder if they'll stick with them or go back to the championchips...
          Congratulations! I volunteered at this race and it was pretty hot and humid just standing around in shade, so I imagine it was a pretty tough run and I heard that the ice-pops ran out, so I hope you didn't miss out on those. The chips were interesting - we got a lot of questions from runners - nobody seemed to quite believe they were disposable. I wonder if they'll stick with them or go back to the championchips...
          I got an icepop!
          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock