What did you see on your long run this week? (Read 1581 times)

Another Passion

We (DW and I) saw a bunch of frogs as well on our run Saturday morning (pic of which is in my profile), which is unusual where we are. DW actually commented on it while we were running. She's not fond of amphibians, reptiles, or arachnids.

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I didn't actually see this, but yesterday during my run I hit this one stretch (included in the loop I did 6 times)of about 100 yards that smelled horrible, like eggs and trash mixed. It was nasty! I was happy that I didn't see the source of that!

Michelle

Bummer, I didn't see anything good besides my ex-dh drove past me and pulled over so I tossed him my water bottle and asked him to refill it for me. He did! Sometimes he's not a complete A-hole. LOL
        ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
        Ojo

Okay, I never see anything fun on long runs but today I finally did! I was out enjoying 22 miles in a lovely downpour and one of these crossed the road in front of me: It is a Fisher Cat. Really interesting looking. I have heard them before at night because they make these horrible screaming sound but this is the first I have seen! Couldn't wait to get home and figure out what it was!

Sara

MM #2929

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Found a minimag flashlight - still worked, batteries were good. Found a pair of casual shoes, black. A PAIR on the side of the road. Usually it's just one shoe.
              A really large black snake in my path, and a Department of Homeland Security hat. I kept the hat.

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way. - Mitch Hedberg

db7

Rocky Mountains!!

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

will22

Grasshoppers....everywhere here in Papillion, NE a suburb of Omaha.
                  wildchild

Carolyn

Gold and orange aspens - fall colors are about at their peak here in the Colorado high country!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Rain, geese, ducks and more rain. Four hours of rain. Dead At least there was some variety, it ranged from light rain to downpours.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Prince of Fatness

Rain and puddles, but only for 2 hours.

Not at it at all. 

Lane

Rain, geese, ducks and more rain. Four hours of rain. Dead At least there was some variety, it ranged from light rain to downpours.
                          I saw 9 Turkeys crossing the road... and pouring rain. Also, some turd threw a water bottle at me.

The shirtless wonder

I saw a train go by...for more than 3 minutes! I also saw a one-car accident. Actually I didn't see the accident but I helped pick up. Some guy drove his truck off the side of the road clobbering a whole bunch of mailboxes in the process. The mailboxes were in the road and I helped the guy (who was fine) move the debris from the road. He said he swerved to avoid a deer but I think he may have been drunk -- I'm not sure. I suspected that he wasn't going to tell the neighbors that he killed their mailboxes I memorized his plate number and stopped by one of the houses with my name, number, and his plate number after I finished my run. I was annoyed having to wait for the train but had I not waited for the train that guy might have struck me.

325th place or bust!

Beach Dogs Wet dogs

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!