What did you see on your long run this week? (Read 1581 times)

ran a tune up in central park [3 - 6 mile loops] ... saw the asses of the elites as they lapped me ... there is also a bronze statue of a a mountain lion that I have never seen before ... technically it's called the "Stalking Cat on Hill North of the Boathouse" ... the pix doesn't do justice b/c it sits on an outcroppy about 15 feet above you and you are [likely] stairing at your feet b/c it's on a hill ... first time you see it you pull a little double take See http://www.pbase.com/hjsteed/image/95680051 "Today, the Central Park Conservancy maintains the sculpture, which continues to inspire awe in weary and unsuspecting joggers as they arrive at the crest of Cedar Hill."

2012= under-goaled

dork.major dork.

A monk if full black cassock walking a chocolate lab by the river. A rugby team COVERED in mud.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

jeffdonahue

for the first half, all I saw was darkness, rain and puddles. But here is the funny thing. I run past an office building on my long runs near a local lake and there is a row of bushes right in front of the building. When I have to relieve myself I will always just scoot between these bushes and the building to do so. I did this at mile 7 of my 20 miler yesterday. It was pitch black so I couldnt see anything. Well, luckily I didnt go too far behind the bushes because I came back to this spot around mile 14 of the run and went back there to pee again and lo and behold there were 2 large piles of poop right there behind the bushes. Not sure what that person was eating but it looked liek they were having stomach issues so I hope they didnt have a long run home. Oh yeah, and they must have known it was coming because there were clumps of used toilet paper or tissue right next to the piles. But I checked and there weren't any imprints of my feet in them so I lucked out.

uncontrollable

Bird road kill - in pieces - and the heart was sitting there like it was perfectly set by itself a couple feet away from the poor thing. Even being a nurse & frequenting the operating room - it did make me a little sick. Usually things are squashed or unrecognizable. It was not something I wanted to see! Dead

peace

uncontrollable

Lots of deer, squirrels, and a sad little turtle about 1.5" in diameter...he was no more. Sad
            I like your new icon! Nice job - the hard work is done! Tapering feels good. Just enjoy the lower miles, eat well, drink properly, & rest. You will have a great race. You've earned it. When you get to the start line - don't let any worry sneak in: you are ready and it's your day to enjoy & realize how strong you are. Eat up that 26.2!!! Smile

peace

1. Momma deer and two baby deer 2. About 50 cottontail 3. An abundance of horse poop!
              nothing is scarier than rabid squirrels with light sabers...except clowns, clowns are definitely scarier

325th place or bust!

A pigeon using a beach drinking fountain as a birdbath. Dead Note to self: never use those drinking fountains again.

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

I saw gray clouds forming beautiful pre-winter patterns against the 10,000 foot peaks of the Sandia Mountains. I saw the same thing being done to the San Mateo mountains, some 60 miles to the west. There is no place to run like New Mexico.

Menace to Sobriety

Jackie Robinson-twice. He's the ranger at the golf course I run near. Not the famous one.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Hmm, today: a train, a concert, and a dude flew past me in one of those hand bicycle things. Thought that was kinda cool.
                      CaseyT

Blimp Base, Airport, Mall, My School and the sun and alot of it down hear in south florida
                        Pompano High XC!
                          A wild turkey wandering around a supermarket parking lot.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

I ran past/through a muslim festival. I felt a little conspicuous in my tank and short with all of the women covered up.
                            Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                              lots and lots of rain!
                              nothing is scarier than rabid squirrels with light sabers...except clowns, clowns are definitely scarier
                                Well, I took this week off due to an injury. But this is what I saw on last week's long run: