How much do professional runners get paid? (Read 7441 times)

MrH

except you paid more to enter then the crap is worth. 

Definition or professional/elite runner: my DW was in line at the registration table for a USATF National Track & Field Championship (she was participating in a masters exhibition race). She noticed that the other (non-master) athletes were receiving a check rather than handing one over.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I once entered a race for $8 and won $10 for my age group victory, plus I got a T-shirt and a delicious free breakfast.  Does that make me a professional?

My friend was a sub 15 5K runner and got a sponsorship for $1000 gear allowance plus free shoes.  He won a few hundred dollars a year with races for awhile but I don't think any ever covered his entry fees.

My guess is the pros can always beef theirs up with appearance fees not only for races but speeches, groups, running camps, etc.

#artbydmcbride

And if they write and get a book published.......Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes.......they can get a nice chunk of change

Runners run