2013 Sub-19 5K (Read 1932 times)

Congrats to setantae and OMR! Looks like you're off to a great start. 

I'm officially starting my half training plan today, using Daniels. 15 weeks to go. I'm planning to take my first stab at sub-19 on February 9. 

Just realized I need to put my age up.  I'm 31.

Shippers

First post! Found this thread in a google search Smile

I usually lurk around the 19:10 mark, although I did once run 18:58 before getting injured.

I'm 27 and only been running since May so hopefully there is plenty of scope for improvement and I can get under 19minutes again and realistically low 18's by the end of 2013.

20:14 last weekend, which is actually the slowest I've been in ages. Not too worried that as a) I went out way to fast as an experiment. b) I've hardly run in the last few weeks - I'm trying to let a couple of minor injuries settle down. Still feeling positive about 19 mins in 2013.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/cambridge/results/athletehistory/?athleteNumber=66823 has all my 5k performances in the last few years (some of the slower ones are when I've been pace making for friends).

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Signed up for a Jan 1st 5K.  First attempt for the new year.  Goal is 18:59

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Buelligan

No races planned for the winter... spring looks to be the best time for me to make an assualt on the 18s.   I am running with a new sense of purpose now.  Gonna have to approach this carefully because I've become somewhat of a fragile runner.  I can grind out the miles, but speed really exposes the weaknesses just below the surface.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Sub 19?: Nope

Date: 2/9/13

Thanks again for putting this list of people who are going to hit their sub 19 goals!

**Ask me about streaking**

Crazy Justin

In. 

Refugee from RWOL.

- HS PR was 19:13 and I managed to tie it in my only 5K of the year back in March.

-may or may not race a local 5K next weekend because I may be better served by a LR

-32 years old.

Mile: 5:18,   5K: 19:09,  10K: 39:44,  Half: 1:28:12,  Full: 3:21:56

Post-35 PRs:

Mile: 6:02,  5K: 21:14, 10K: 45:40, Half: 1:42:24

http://jzehnder208.googlepages.com

www.crazyj208.blogspot.com

lagwagon

Count me in also. 

I spent a lot of time in the Sub-20 group last year, and got that out of the way in May.  Trained for a HM from mid summer until fall, and hit a 18:39 in late October.  Looking for an outright masters win this year too (41 yo)

So I'm looking for validation / a repeat.  Probably wont race 5k until late Spring (after a May marathon).

See yall around!

I managed to squeeze out a 19:11 yesterday.  That's probably all there is in there for now, but if it isn't icy next week then I will do my best to find out.

Not been sub-19 before, for the record.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

lagwagon

nice run sentantae...almost there!  say, if you hit it this month, you know you still have to repeat it after 12/31 for it to count as achieved for this thread, right? (jk)

csab

Well, I guess I'm in. 37 yrs of age on 12/31. My PR is 19:11, which I ran a year and a half ago, and I only ran one 5K since then, on July 4th this year, but that was hilly, hot, so less than ideal (I still managed 19:17). I don't plan to do specific 5K training, but nowadays my tempo runs include sub-20 5Ks every week, so shame on me if I can't do this.

nice run sentantae...almost there!  say, if you hit it this month, you know you still have to repeat it after 12/31 for it to count as achieved for this thread, right? (jk)

I think I could live with that ;-)

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

I managed to squeeze out a 19:11 yesterday.  That's probably all there is in there for now, but if it isn't icy next week then I will do my best to find out.

Not been sub-19 before, for the record.

Another great race, congrats! 

I'm up this Saturday. I'm going for it. 

Post Asthma Era PRs: 5K--18:39 (Mar 2016), 10K--39:40 (Feb 2018), HM--1:28:04 (Jan 2017), MAR--2:59:12 (November 2017)

Just stopped by and noticed some extra columns.  I'll be 27, and I've not done a sub-19 before.