I can has Garmin... (Read 1384 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Not Kenny, don't own a GPS, but did poke around the site a little. Go to "Downloads", up in the upper right is a tab that says "Plug-ins". Andy
    Thanks, I am not at home and don't have ST on my PC at work. But at least I know where to look for it tonight.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      Marcus, Been away from the computer most of the day. Anyways you have to get to the plug-ins page through the forum. http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=2324 Let me know if you have any trouble, or questions. I'd be glad to help.
      JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I really would like to know how to set up auto-lap. I can't figure it out and know that it must be simple, but I don't know how. Please and thank you! Jilly
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

The Greatest of All Time

I really would like to know how to set up auto-lap. I can't figure it out and know that it must be simple, but I don't know how. Please and thank you! Jilly
          Go to Training, then Training Options, then Auto Lap...voila

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Thanks, Marcus. I knew that it must be simple, but I couldn't click the right combination of buttons. Thanks, again! Big grin
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
              Just started playing with the SportTracks charts... they look pretty nice so far. EDIT: Fixed link

The Greatest of All Time

Just started playing with the SportTracks charts... they look pretty nice so far.
                They are pretty sweet. I don't know that they 'help' me but it's sort of cool to look at the quantification of a run afterwards.

Same here. They're fun to look at and pretty much tell you what you already know about what happened in a race/run. Also, the elevation profiles aren't very accurate for me since everything is pretty flat and near sea level around here.
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Also, the elevation profiles aren't very accurate for me since everything is pretty flat and near sea level around here.
                    1) If you use MB, be sure to turn MB Gravity on (elevation correction), Click on the "Account" tab then Preferences-->Tune-up. 2) If you use Sporttracks, download the elevation correction plugin,

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Sweet, thanks!

The Greatest of All Time

As if my Gremlin wasn't already cool enough....I just discovered exporting runs into .kml format and opening them up in Google Earth. WOW. Shocked Coming up with new routes is way more fun like this and you can measure the route, awesome. Totally awesome.

MikeB-BoR

New guy to the forums here. Just wanted to say I am very happy I found this website and....I ordered my Garmin 305 two days ago. I can't wait till it arrives! Mikeb4789

Goals :
                          •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

My Garmin died tonight. I tried uploading my data and it won't turn on. Sad Support is closed for the day. The FAQ suggested holding mode and reset and pressing the power button, that didn't do anything either. Sad

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

My Garmin died tonight. I tried uploading my data and it won't turn on. Sad Support is closed for the day. The FAQ suggested holding mode and reset and pressing the power button, that didn't do anything either. Sad
                              Never mind, I tried it again. It worked that time. YAY! Big grin

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I know I wrote that I didn't need a Garmin and that I wouldn't buy one. But then I bought one any way. I didn't get shit for my birthday last Saturday so this was my gift to me.
                                Urg... my b-day is coming... I have been kidding my wife that I want one! I want a Garmin... I want it ... I want it... and well... I have been away all week. I know there isn't going to be one there when I get home... but oh how I wish she actually does suprise me! I am a total nerd and the thought of combining my passion for computers and data with running is just way too cool! This thread hasn't helped much... hopefully I won't get @#$#@ for my b-day either and I can purchase a garmin! ... urg... just when I thought I got over my Garmin lust... I spent 1 hour tonight logging my run in mapping tools to figure out how long it was... mapmyrun... and the route creator here were freaking out all night... so I ended up doing google earth... then this... Oh... I wish I could resist... ...................................