2015 Holiday Running Streak (Read 463 times)

joescott

Don't know 2112? you're kidding right. It's Rush, son, RUSH. I just added some Godsmack for my listening pleasure.

LOL, that's awesome!  Thanks for straightening me out, MFN.  "Back in the day" a lot of my distance running teammates were serious Rush fans.  Don't hate me, but I never found the love for Rush.  A song here and there, but never acquired the taste.  

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

Oh, and on the business side of the thread, I'm complete through 18 days of the streak and sitting on target for the Dec. mileage goal.  I feel pretty good, too, so it's looking good.  :-)

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

td2059

12/12   7.4 miles with poorly marked jingle bell 5K thrown in  and the storms stopped right on cue !

LOL, that's awesome!  Thanks for straightening me out, MFN.  "Back in the day" a lot of my distance running teammates were serious Rush fans.  Don't hate me, but I never found the love for Rush.  A song here and there, but never acquired the taste.  

I've been a fan forever. One of my all time favorite running songs (by any band ever) is "Marathon" - great for even a casual Rush listener, and any runner.

Streak is alive and well with 17 days down. This is fun.

About to head out the door for a day after marathon run. Think I'll grab some music to listen to.

Get off my porch

No hate cuz, only love, I don't listen to Rush that much any more. I think i have Malignant narcissism and another tune on my iphone. I have a lil' of everyhing for listening. Siouxie and the Banshees, Echo and the Bunnymen, that's my genre of choice at the moment.

Doesn't have to be the highest. You want 250?

Took a while. Thought that was your number until I actually said it out loud (in my head).

Gotta squeeze in 6 after work and then might catch a little 2112 and 90125 on the treadmill this weekend.

Can you put me at 203 :-)

8-10-10-13

6-8-8-8-9-9-14

6-9-10-6-4-10-15

Ready, go.

Joann Y

Can you put me at 203 :-)

8-10-10-13

6-8-8-8-9-9-14

6-9-10-6-4-10-15

Sure thing. :-)

I had to change mine from 231, just too much while trying to manage tendonitis/fasciitis and who knows what's going on in my ankle. Going to stick with the streak but keep it at 2 today.

erinr

4.5 yesterday and 6 today in the fog.  Joann, I saw you're in Chicago.  I'm up in Milwaukee.  I saw a few guys out surfing on the lake today.  And I thought runners were crazy...

Joann Y

Ha. I didn't see any surfers or anyone on the water when I was over by the lake yesterday. The fog was neat. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised but I don't ever remember seeing so many runners on the lakeshore path.

td2059

12/13 - 6.5 wet miles !

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yep, really soggy here this morning, too.

xhristopher

10-13-10-15

1-2-12-2-9-2-12

2-7-5-2-3-8-0

I'm going to take a big fat zero for today. My feet took a real beating racing XC yesterday and have requested the day off. It was fun while it lasted.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

26---27---28---29---30---1---2---3------4-----5-------6-----7------8------9----10-----11-----12------13-----14------15------16----17-----18-----19-----20---21

2----6-----8.8--7-----2.6--3--1.1--2.5---4.1--7.5----6.8----1----3.1-----2-----1-------1-----3.1----26.2----4.4-------2-------1-----1------0-----8.5-----00----00

The Holiday running streak is broken. Time to make the December goal.

22---23---24---25---26---27---28---29---30---31---1

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

td2059

12/14 - 4.7 Tired miles....................cheated the rain and wished I had sun glasses last mile