2015 Holiday Running Streak (Read 463 times)

Joann Y

Ankle has been giving trouble for the last few months. Been managing but I finally gave up the fight and decided to give it a break for a week. Just tired of it. Anyway, I'm out of the streak but planning on a strong 2016.

joescott

Icy icy!  Barely shuffled along for two very slow miles just to keep the stupid streak alive!

MTA:  But my run tomorrow should be glorious.  I might not be able to report back in here for a few days, I'm not sure what the internet access will be like on a Carribean beach in Mexico. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

20 degrees cooler, but still decent running weather.

Hit the mileage goal 206 miles, with 2 days to go.

2,835 miles this year, will probably only run 4 miles each of the next 2 days.

Reading about everyone's snow/ice/sleet runs really makes me grateful for our balmy winter/fall, so far.

Get off my porch

I'm not sure what the internet access will be like on a Carribean beach in Mexico. 

tough running weather

Get off my porch

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

MTA:  But my run tomorrow should be glorious.  I might not be able to report back in here for a few days, I'm not sure what the internet access will be like on a Carribean beach in Mexico. 

Ha! You're gonna roast! But I guess you'll deal, somehow.

The snow here didn't amount to much; only about an inch, and it pretty much blew off the trails. Nice 6.5 mile run this morning.

erinr

I got annoyed and decided to just get it over with.  22.8 miles on the indoor track today puts me at 1003.1 miles for the year and with December as my highest mileage month   Last December I ran a grand total of 10.5 miles, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.  I'm sure I'll regret this for at least the next couple days.

td2059

With a Caribbean beach .....who needs internet

12/29 - 2.1 tired miles done

Broke my streak of not running on Mondays. Alas.

Good try. There's always next year.

kilkee

runktrun

I got annoyed and decided to just get it over with.  22.8 miles on the indoor track today...

I am in awe...of your determination/stupidity/perseverance...not sure what...but in awe.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

mikeymike

Well I didn't actually streak as I took every Monday off except one, but I'm totally going to hit my December mileage quota on the run I'm about to do.

(I'm pretty good at sandbagging since it's a survival skill in my day job.)

Runners run

Ojo

My mileage is way off -- I will probably finish with 160 instead of 200.  I am just happy to still be able to keep going. 

Sara

MM #2929

Streak intact, mileage goal will be reached with tomorrow's 5k and the warmup before that.

Not happy with my weight though. Those endless dinner parties and all the liquor did me in. 

erinr

I am in awe...of your determination/stupidity/perseverance...not sure what...but in awe.

Mostly stupidity I'd say, with a dash of stubbornness 

8-10-10-13

6-8-8-8-9-9-14

6-9-10-6-4-10-15

6-10-8-9-5-8-14

6-8-10-10-12-5-8

0-6-10

OUT.

chest cold/ice storm  - so i may be out soon.

sinus infection

but just missed one day 

But I will be over my 203 target :-)

Ready, go.

Oh, sinus infection , get well soon, Tara. I've had those chronically for the last 10 years and it sucks. Running every day seems to help as I've only had one this year (knock on wood!). Snot rockets rule!