2015 Holiday Running Streak (Read 463 times)

I'm way out on both counts, proving yet again that streaking just isn't my thing. Ah well. Congrats to those of you who get the job done. On to 2016.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Streak intact, mileage goal will be reached with tomorrow's 5k and the warmup before that.

Not happy with my weight though. Those endless dinner parties and all the liquor did me in. 

Sounds like you're having fun, though!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Day 35 done.  Tomorrow will be the hardest day of the streak, since I have a colonoscopy scheduled for 3 pm.  Yikes.  It's my third, so at least I know what to expect.  It's better than kicking the bucket early, which is what could have happened if I hadn't had my first procedure done two weeks after my 50th birthday.  SCHEDULE A COLONOSCOPY IMMEDIATELY IF YOU ARE 50 OR OLDER!!!!!  I had no symptoms or family history of polyps.

Sounds like you're having fun, though!

Oh yes, yes I am  !

Ok, so this is it for this year! I've met my December goal today, got a PR in a local 5k and came in 3rd   (small field, slow runners, but who cares!).

And now let's party!

Day 35 done.  Tomorrow will be the hardest day of the streak, since I have a colonoscopy scheduled for 3 pm.  Yikes.  It's my third, so at least I know what to expect.  It's better than kicking the bucket early, which is what could have happened if I hadn't had my first procedure done two weeks after my 50th birthday.  SCHEDULE A COLONOSCOPY IMMEDIATELY IF YOU ARE 50 OR OLDER!!!!!  I had no symptoms or family history of polyps.

Good luck, Teresa!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Did not make the streak or the month. Heading out for a 3 miler so I will at least keep my 100 miles a month for 2015 in place.

November was #3 for me.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Whew, made it 1 mile on the treadmill.  Won't go into TMI, but it was tough.  Met my December mileage goal.  Can't wait for 2016!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations to all you who made it!

steph  

JanaLamb

Congratulations to all of you who've made their goals this year! To those who haven't, we still have an awesome 2016 year ahead. Smile Let's move forward and keep on running.

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog

Joann Y

Don't forget, we still have one more day of streaking tomorrow folks! Have a fun new year's eve and a great new year!

mikeymike

223 point six miles in Dec.

WHAT NOW BITCHES??

Runners run

Ojo

156.5 miles for me.

Congratulations to all who made it!  Will you keep going? 

Sara

MM #2929

2015 is wrapping up nicely.

I'm over my mileage goal for the year by a few miles, thanks to the streak. I've also exceeded my mileage goal for the streak itself and while it, so far, wasn't my longest streak it has been the highest mileage one I've done. So it's a win, win, win.

Guess that means I'll need to set some more aggressive goals for 2016!

Thanks for the motivation and inspiration streakers!

Joann Y

223 point six miles in Dec.

WHAT NOW BITCHES??

Run 2/5 of a mile to make it an even number?

Joann Y

I haven't been running for nine days, been popping ibuprofen (that's a big double birdie to you Trent), and went to massage therapy last night and now my ankle feels great! Ready to get down to business in 2016. See you on the other side.