RA problems (Read 316 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I think I tracked down the problem that RA has been having ever since the data center moved the servers. One of the drive arrays used by the database server started failing. It's not a total failure yet, which is why RA is inaccessible periodically. I'm working on switching to the backup database. I have not practiced the actual switch over so it will take some time for me to get it right. I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and support.

eric Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Glad you're making headway on that thorny problem, Eric. I've been assuming that both the 50x errors and the Garmin upload failures have the same root cause. Of my two activities this morning, one successfully uploaded and the other failed.

I appreciate your hard work on this site!

Wing

Joggaholic

Thanks Eric! You're always on top of things. RA is my favorite running site.

Jim J

Runner

Eric,,

So when all is resolved my Garmin 235 when plugged into the computer will upload the work out as before?

Or...is there something I will need to do on my end to make this transfer occur as before?

As always...thanks for all you do for us obsessed runners!

Jim

Jim J

GinnyinPA

What happened last night (9/15)? For about 4 hours, every time I tried to visit the site, it said "No server is available". I wasn't able to update my log until about 11:00, and even then, it wouldn't upload the Garmin info until this morning.

an amazing likeness

What happened last night (9/15)? For about 4 hours, every time I tried to visit the site, it said "No server is available". I wasn't able to update my log until about 11:00, and even then, it wouldn't upload the Garmin info until this morning.

Stuff happens. There was an outage.

The delay in the Garmin integration is a function of Garmin's retry logic for sending the workout over to RA.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

krismartin121

Me to facing the same problem at that night, may be the server was down whie i was working on IGNOU MAPC Project

an amazing likeness

just

an amazing likeness

a few

an amazing likeness

filler posts

an amazing likeness

to bury

an amazing likeness

spam posts

an amazing likeness

to a

an amazing likeness

previous

an amazing likeness

page