Hansons plan review & Mountains 2 Beach RR (Read 139 times)

Linda

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Wow - excellent job. Congrats! --Christine H.

jbaco

Congratulations! i have used Hanson for my last several marathons and each one was a PR.. I am an older (56) year old runner, who just got into running about 11 years ago. My 12th Marathon was Pittsburgh May 1st.. I am very close to qualifying for Boston, i will try again with lucky number 13 in Baltimore in the fall, again using Hanson's plan!

Julia1971

Congrats!  And, I hope to see you in next year's Boston thread.

"For me, at least, the Hanson brothers had a way of taking the fun out of running."  I found this to be the case, too, which is one of the reasons I didn't use it for my last training cycle.  However, I may have implemented it incorrectly by setting unrealistic goal paces for the SOS workouts, among other mistakes.  But, I'm glad I tried it.  So many people I know have had great success with it!

KMB

Congats Linda!

I tend to agree on adding distance to the last two long runs - I felt similarly gassed in the last couple miles using Hanson's plan, nut I finished just about where I wanted - credit to the plan.  I would say though that I enjoyed the whole training - found it fun and demanding.

Congrats again!

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Congrats!

I followed the Hanson's plan training for Providence 2012, I didn't think it was that bad and the training went great.

Then I got sick, was up all night before the race with an earache (until it popped, and everyone sounded like they were talking through tin cans), decided to attempt it anyway and totally blew up. I tried to DNF, but failed, and barely made it across the finish line of my worst race ever. It was also the worst organized race I ever had the misfortune to participate in - I went out way too fast because all the mileage markers were incorrectly spaced. Every single one.

So, no I won't be doing that plan again, it made me sick.

Linda

Erica:  My theory is that marathon training, in general, taps your immune system.  Every person in my house got sick when I got sick, but everyone else was fine in a few days.  In my own case, I think it was a matter of high mileage and not enough attention to nutrition and sleep.  I believe that any high mileage training regimen leaves you more susceptible to illness.  One of the things I'm going to try and do, this time, is get more rest during the training cycle.  I'm a busy working Mon, so that is easier said than done, but I am going to try.

Thanks everyone.  I am going to try Hansons for a half in November.  It actually scares me more than marathon training.  Sustaining a half marathon pace in training for 7 miles sounds impossible, but I've learned to trust the training.  I assume that when it comes time to do it, I'll be able to.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47