What influences your Running Shoe/Gear Shopping? (Read 578 times)

nicolebliss

What influences your Running Shoe/Gear Shopping?

I'm hoping I can tap the community to get opinions on a topic I'm researching. All comments will be completely confidential.

Just to give you an idea, your answer could be anything such as: "I trust my RunningAhead contacts to offer their product opinions" or "price" or "detailed product specifications" or anything!!

Countdown starting ...

mikeymike

I'm not a shopper, I'm a buyer.

Runners run

nicolebliss

So does no shopping mean you buy stuff that's tried & true for you?

joescott

I mostly order online (to save $) stuff that I know fits for me and works for me.  If I need to check out something I have not used before I might go to the local running specialty store.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Prince of Fatness

I know what I want so best price wins.

Not at it at all. 

keeponrunning

I buy based on quality, location, and price.  For example, I do a lot of shopping in my own city.  This is because we have an Adidas outlet with an attached factory.  They have good quality goods at often half or more the price of regular sports stores, and I like that they have a factory in my town cause that increases jobs.  (our job market has been suffering but recovering since one of the main factories in the town shut down 15-20 years ago)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

While I suspect you aren't some random running member, anything that will make it easier for me to find and buy what I want:

I first see what my options are.  This includes Internet reviews, friends' recommendations, product reviews here, and whatever else I can find.  I can usually whittle it down from there, and then ...

1. Function -- does it work for me?

2. Performance -- does it work well and is it durable (this is where the reviews/recommendations came in)?

3. Availability -- how fast do I need it?

4. Price -- what am I wiling to pay for it?

When I already know what I want, I usually buy it online.  When I don't know, I usually buy it at a brick-and-mortar that stocks it and lets me fondle it (or even run in it).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

dennrunner

Fancy marketing with hyperbolic statements of product function and improvement.  And colors.  Pretty colors.  And it should be priced unreasonably high so I can tell it's a superior product.

xor

I buy it if it is pink.

I try to buy local when it comes to my running gear.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know what I want so best price wins.

Pretty much that.  Until it's discontinued (which happens WAY too often), so then I don't know what I want and the search starts over (at least with shoes).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Julia1971

I'm gonna say actually needing something influences my shopping.  Now, what influences my buying...  I don't give that out for free.  I usually try to get some coupons for the aforementioned shoe/gear before I give out that intel.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What topic are you researching?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I look my best blurry!

Running shoes- fit, function, recommendation, price and style, in that order. Then I have to get an outfit or 2 to match. I love pockets on everything! I even have running hats, undies and bras with pockets! Most of the time I put nothing in them but I want to have them if I need them.